Reunion (Yujin)

As IVE's Europe tour extended to the "City of Love," the distance between Y/N and the leader of the on-the-rise group grew farther. Video calls and chats couldn't suffice for the fondness that grew in both of their hearts. Being an idol was hard, and on top of that, if you had a relationship, things tended to become tricky, just like the months of being apart.

It wasn't that they hadn't experienced this before. Sometimes, Y/N went on a business trip, or Yujin had small-scaled tours, but they didn't extend over a maximum of 3 months. So as IVE's success and fandom grew, they had the duty as entertainers to satisfy their audience. And this was taking a toll on their relationship.

Y/N remembered how she had been with Yujin the whole week before she had to leave for the tour, never leaving her side. The moment they parted ways at the airport, Y/N's heart clenched as she tried not to run and stop her girlfriend from leaving.

But duty called, and that was how Y/N was able to console herself until now.

She recalled the call from Yujin a day or two before, how apologetic she sounded when she told the news of the extension of their tour. It was a great opportunity, and Y/N couldn't be upset because Yujin was doing her job, but she was still itching inside with frustration.

Yet, she controlled herself and consoled Yujin, saying that it was for the greater good.

However, the dam of control broke in just mere hours, and Y/N found herself booking tickets to Paris on her laptop.

She was lucky to have Yujin's manager's number to ask necessary questions. As the call went on, a plan formed in her mind. She told the manager not to inform Yujin or anyone else about her arrival. She wanted to surprise Yujin.

The manager, a fan of theirs, agreed to the deal.

After packing clothes to last a week and taking a week off from work, Y/N boarded the 12-hour flight. Even though Y/N wasn't a fan of long flights, she'd do anything to see the smile on Yujin's face.

The next day, she landed in Paris. The winter cold made her hold her puffer jacket close.

After getting a taxi, she provided the address of the hotel where IVE was currently staying. Since it was almost afternoon, she could get to Yujin's room without any problems and execute her surprise.

As planned, Yujin's manager was waiting for Y/N outside the hotel. Y/N greeted the manager with a hug, reciprocated with enthusiasm.

"I'm happy to see you too!" Y/N replied with a smile, pulling away from the hug.

The manager outlined the plan for bringing Yujin to her room, and Y/N eagerly confirmed the details. The manager wished her luck and went to the arena to fulfill her managerial duties.

Finally, Y/N reached the room. Jet lag was starting to set in, so she decided to take a nap before proceeding with her plan.

However, what was intended to be a short nap turned into four hours of sleep, leaving her more anxious than tired.

Y/N received a message from the manager informing her that the group dinner had been canceled, and room service was planned instead, aligning perfectly with Y/N's intentions.

With the concert still hours away from ending, Y/N freshened up and began preparing the surprise. It was simple: authentic Korean food.

Yujin's love for her country's cuisine was unwavering, and Y/N had cooked everything back home, bringing it in airtight containers across the globe.

The only hurdle was reheating and serving the food. The room service staff, however, were cooperative and assisted Y/N. After an hour of waiting, a cart full of the prepared food arrived, beautifully presented.

Now everything was falling into place, with the only thing left being Yujin's arrival.

Time passed as Y/N decorated the room, creating an atmosphere with fragrant candles from home. As she glanced at the clock, her heart raced. Yujin's arrival was imminent, just five minutes away.

Y/N checked herself in the mirror one last time, straightening her outfit and running her fingers through her hair. She dimmed the lights in the room, then sat on the couch beside the bed. The table was set with the dinner on the opposite side. It was a matter of moments now.

Y/N leaned a bit closer to the doorway to hear the conversation outside.

"Why aren't we having dinner outside?" Yujin's voice sounded slightly disappointed.

"I'm afraid the team head forgot to make the reservation, Yujin," the manager explained.

"We'll go tomorrow, Yujin. I promise," the manager reassured.

Y/N stifled a laugh at Yujin's cute reaction. Y/N's heart raced as she heard Yujin entering the room, her footsteps fading as she moved further inside.

"Did the manager already order for me?" Yujin wondered aloud as she neared the table.

"Do you like it?" Y/N's voice finally broke the silence.

Yujin turned around in surprise, and her exhaustion seemed to evaporate in an instant. A bright smile lit up her face as she exclaimed, "Oh my god, Y/N?!"

Y/N chuckled and opened her arms in invitation, saying, "Did you miss me?"

Without hesitation, Yujin leaped into Y/N's arms, hugging her tightly. Y/N reciprocated, overwhelmed with emotion.

"I missed you so much!" Yujin's words came with a fervent grip.

As they pulled apart slightly, Y/N looked into Yujin's eyes and felt a rush of warmth. Yujin's hairstyle had changed, and her new bangs looked stunning.

"Your hairstyle... it changed," Y/N whispered.

Yujin ran her fingers through her bangs and asked, "Do you like it?"

In response, Y/N leaned in and pressed her lips against Yujin's in a soft kiss. She murmured, "You look amazing."

Yujin blushed and nuzzled her face in the crook of Y/N's neck, the two of them cherishing the moment after being apart for so long.

Reluctantly, Y/N pulled away, and Yujin pouted playfully. Y/N shook her head with a laugh.

"I'll give you all the hugs you want, but we should eat before the food gets cold, right?" Y/N said, her eyes on the delicious spread.

Yujin nodded eagerly, and they enjoyed the Korean cuisine together. The plates were soon empty, and Yujin rested her head on Y/N's shoulder, fully content.

Feeling proud of her cooking success, Y/N kissed Yujin's forehead as she dozed off.

"Sleep well, love," Y/N whispered.

Yujin mumbled, "Love you," and Y/N felt a sense of completeness she hadn't felt in months.

With Yujin beside her, Y/N finally drifted off, her heart full of warmth and love.

-----

Hey, fam. It's been too long, isn't it? I'm slowly and gradually making a process. I've decided to enter the Kpop Fiesta contest too. So maybe a story or two would come soon. Make sure to promote it, if you like. I'd love the support.

Thank you for your patience.

Here's a short and sweet one. With Yujin.