Rekindled Hearts (Yeji)

Hwang Yeji, CEO of Hwang Tech, was also known as one of the most strict, rude, and also the person with the shittiest personality ever known to humanity. These were just some of the names that she was called.

However, in the past few months, she went through a complete overhaul. She went through a big change and became a really friendly person. She started smiling a lot more than before and was super nice to everyone, which was not something she used to do often in the past.

The person she was initially forced to marry deserves all the credit because it was through their presence that she began to open up and heal from her troubled past. Her wife played a significant role in this positive transformation.

Yet, Yeji hadn't admitted to herself about it. She hadn't admitted those heart-fluttering feelings and the changes she found in herself. It was yet to happen, unfortunately.

So, it was a normal day at the office.

Yeji was reading the documents that needed her attention and signed them for further procedures. As the day ascended towards the night, her office door suddenly burst open and her secretary came through with a wide-eyed look on her face.

Yeji looked up with a jolt and said, "Jesus, Yuna! You scared me!"

Yuna instantly bowed her head as she answered, "I-I'm sorry, Miss Hwang. I didn't mean to surprise you."

Sighing, Yeji closed the last file in her hand and asked, calmly, "What is it?"

Yuna stood up straight while keeping her eyes down, she replied, "You got an urgent call from the hospital."

"From the hospital?" Yeji furrowed her brows as she stood up slowly.

Yuna nodded and continued, "Yes, Miss Hwang. It was your wife--"

But before Yuna could complete her words, Yeji ran past her as she hurried down her building. She resisted the elevator and ran downstairs as she took her car keys from her driver. Just thinking about her wife being in the hospital scared the hell out of her.

She got in her car and revved the engine as she rushed past the gates and toward the hospital at full speed. While driving, her mind aimlessly wandered toward the questions that resulted in the worse of the answers she could think of.

What would've happened to her? Was it serious? Was it an incurable disease? What if she needs urgent surgery?

While trying to find more relevant questions, she rushed in through the hospital's entrance. Without parking her car properly, she ran to the reception and rammed her fists on the counter, growling, "Where's my wife?! I swear I'll sue you all if something--"

"Yeji!"

Before Yeji could complete her warning, she heard a familiar voice calling her name. Turning around, she saw her long-time friend, Lia, standing with a clipboard in her hand.

She was one of the top doctors in the hospital.

Yeji hurried towards her and held her by the shoulders as she bombarded her with questions.

"Where's Y/N? What happened to her? Is she gonna be okay? Does she--"

"Oh my god, Yeji! Calm down! Nothing happened to Y/N. She's fine now!" Lia said a little loudly over Yeji's voice to get her words through her head.

On the other hand, Yeji went silent as she let the words sink in. "She's... fine?"

Lia nodded with a sigh and said, "Yes, Yeji. She's fine now. She just fainted from exhaustion."

"E-Exhaustion? But, Yuna said..." Yeji trailed off as Lia looked at her face and filled in the blanks.

"You probably ran off without hearing her completely. I called her to tell you. Jesus, Yeji, you really should try being patient."