Sirius Black against the Jegulus Agenda (fluff)

Notes: I LOVE 5 +1 fanfics. Like, it's my favourite thing fanfic culture ever came up with.
So here's mine: 5 times Sirius ruins moments for Jegulus - while they literally just stare and smile at each other because neither knows how to flirt - and one time he doesn't (maybe twice, even)

__________________________________________

Summary: Regulus ran away from home and spends his first Christmas with the Potters. He and James are constantly getting lost in each other - and then Sirius comes in and ruins it.

Basically 5 times Sirius Black interrupted Jegulus disaster pining? flirting? staring into each others' eyes like madmen? - and one time he didn't.

_________________________________________

I Christmas Presents

In the middle of the summer holidays before his sixth year, Regulus ran away from home in a fashion so dramatic it made his older brother insanely proud (and a little bit jealous that he didn't create such a moment, such heart-attack-inducing chaos)

Mr and Mrs Black had organised a sort of ball for Regulus who, at the tender age of sixteen, was to be engaged to a young girl from a respectable family.

"They wanted to sell me like a brood mare!" he later complained to his brother, "Or sell them to me, whatever way around! I am lucky they didn't force me to marry one of them right then and there, consummate in front of the family portrait and celebrate my slashing a muggles throat to bathe the new heir of the House of Black in their blood!"

(Sirius laughed wholeheartedly at this. James was a little concerned. He could definitely picture this being an actual tradition in their family and he could for the life of him not decern whether they were joking)

So, instead of dancing with one of the young ladies, his parents deemed appropriate (he was closely related to two of them, distantly related to all but one), he made a big spectacle of jumping on a table, announcing that he would not marry any of them, thank you very much, unless one of them could spontaneously grow a dick he could suck. Then he got out of there as quickly as he could and found his way to the Potter House.

Euphemia and Fleamont Potter welcomed the young Black with open arms and promptly gave him Sirius' room, who now shared with James (neither James nor Sirius minded at this point).

When they went back to Hogwarts, there was talk.

Most of Regulus' housemates already knew that he was one, gay, and two, disowned like his brother. And anyone in the castle who did not know by the beginning of the year, knew by the end of the first month back.

Sirius and his friends were ready to jump to Regulus' aid whenever someone wanted to give him a hard time – Regulus didn't need that. He could hold his own well enough. He was very smart and very talented – and petty enough to land himself in detention every other week because he hexed someone who dared to do so much as breathe in his direction.

Regulus also had his own friends, Barty Crouch Jr, Evan Rosier and the Ravenclaw girl Pandora, who never left his side and would go absolutely ballistic if anyone said something bad about Regulus.

All in all, Regulus concluded, it was better than he had anticipated. When Sirius ran away, Regulus was sure if he ever tried to do the same, his life would end. He couldn't survive without his parents' support and the shame and humiliation would be too much.

But he had his friends, he had his brother, he had the Potters – whatever anyone thought or said, this new life he had beat marrying some cousin once removed.