Please, James, take back your key (fluff)

Summary: James, Sirius, Remus and Peter live in the same building and have keys to each other's flats.

Having no regard for boundaries whatsoever, Sirius habitually walks into James' flat at his leisure. One morning, he sees all the signs of James having over a guest for the night, but the only visitor he finds is a black cat ... who likes to bite people.

______________________________________________________________

James lives in a flat across the hall from Sirius and Remus. Peter has the flat under him. They've been best friends since their first week at Hogwarts and they always will be, because of this they all have keys to each other's flats.

What used to be a great idea, soon turned out to be a problem.

Living together for 7 years has made some people (read Sirus Black) unable to understand the concept of personal space and privacy.

It is common for Sirius to randomly stand in his friends' kitchen because he ran out of milk or simply wanted company.

On a January morning, Sirius struts into James' flat, a tired Remus in tow.

"Morning, Prongs, we ran out of coffee, fancy having breakfast with us? We already woke Pete up, too."

James, standing in the kitchen, startles and spills hot tea from his cup all over his hand.

"Fuck," He hisses and turns on the cold water to cool his hand, "What the fuck, Sirius, can't you knock for once in your life?"

"Sorry," Sirius throws himself on the couch and grins at him. Then he stops and regards him in detail.

James is almost naked, only wearing pants and his glasses. A steaming cup of tea stands on the counter, milk and sugar beside it – a second cup.

Sirius gasps theatrically and jumps up from the couch.

"My, my, James! Have you someone over? A midnight adventure?"

"What? No."

Peter appears at the door, running a hand through his straw blond hair and yawning.

"Morning. I heard you're cooking, Prongs." He shuffles into the kitchen and hands a package of bacon over.

"Oh, did you?" James glares at Sirius.

"Oi, Pete, have you heard something last night? Did our dear James jump on his bed?" Sirius winks.

Remus goes to the kitchen and starts making coffee.

"Jump on the bed?" Peter drops himself on the couch, he contemplates this, then understands and his eyes widen, "You mean ..."

Peter looks at James, who stares back at him intently.

"No. Heard nothing."

Sirius frowns, "So, why are you making breakfast for two?"

"I'm not. I just wanted tea."

"Sure..." then he dashes for the bedroom door.

"Sirius, stop!" James calls after him.

Sirius opens the door. The bed is a mess and clothes are lying on the floor. But the bedroom is empty.

Apart from a small, black furball. A cat slips out of the bedroom and runs to the kitchen.

Sirius snatches a t-shirt and then follows the cat into the kitchen. He tosses the shirt to James. "A cat? Since when do you have a cat, Prongs?"

"Yeah, uhm, he's new. And he doesn't like people, so..."

The cat sits on the counter and seems to outright glare at James, while he is putting the shirt on.