F I V E

Mark had just finished editing his last paper for his job and submitted it, shutting his laptop. The black haired twenty three year old always had a knack for writing and enjoyed reading. It was his hobby which started in middle school and only became more than a hobby to a passion as he grew older. Writing allowed him to express himself freely without anyone's judgement on his thoughts. His brain did wonders when it came to writing even the most simplest things like socks.

He was extremely creative and talented with anything that came to mind. Whatever he was thinking, he wrote it down and turned it into something he believed to be heartfelt. And when he read, he loved reading in between the lines for the hidden messages in the texts. He loved to analyze pieces of writing, allowing his brain to formulate and imagine his own imagery and portrayal of a story.

Nobody could understand the way his mind thought and worked besides only one person he used to be close to. One random word turning into two words. Those words forming a sentence, followed by several more to make a paragraph. That single paragraph doubling, tripling, quadrupling into a page or two of writing. Those pages turning into more pages filled with words that expressed delicate emotions. And those delicate emotions and experiences were a portrayal of himself, the author, which allowed the creation of a book(s) of his own.

Mark found it funny how he could write one word or thought down that he could then turn into something more. That was why he chose English Literature to major in to further study and illustrate his passion for writing. Minoring in business was only so that he can know the ins and outs of a business, as per his parents request,  when it comes to managing reliable company's in case he wanted to work for the family business or in case he had business dealings to attend to if his parents were not present and could not make it.

Mark's parents allows him to pursue whatever he wanted to pursue in life. The only thing they asked of him was adding his minor in case something were to happen to their family business and Mark needed to run it since he was the heir. Mark agreed to their wishes since he could be a writer and work for his family business if he really needed to.

Mark owned the top floor of a condominium apartment building that he recently moved into since it was closer to his university and he was able to pay in full as money was never a problem for him. There are glass windows with sheer curtains that hovered above the plywood flooring. If you were to open them and look down, you would be able to see the city streets—the nighttime was the perfect time to do so to see the city lights on buildings shine with a glow.

The kitchen was themed with a black marble countertop and a silver oven stove top and refrigerator that had alphabet magnets and pictures of Dongmin and his family on it. A silver chandelier hung over the counter as three stools were lined up aside it. The dining area was across from it, having five black chairs circled around a silver shining table that had little fancy laced food mats in front of each chair.

Against the wall in front of the table was an expensive silverware and plate collection, too shiny that you could see your reflection through it. With both rooms being near the glass windows, the others had the same view of the city and on this side, the ocean.

There was an open space for the living room area to the left of the kitchen and dining room. The living room had a brick walled fireplace underneath the huge flat screen tv screwed into the wall. In front of the wall across from the tv was the black leather couch that had soft seat cushions and two small glass tables with a lamp on both sides of the armchairs. And in underneath the couch was a silver fluffy rug. The condominium was lit up with recessive lighting all over besides the four bedrooms.

Mark's condominium was usually spic and span, unless Dongmin's toys were scattered all over the living room floor. Dongmin had lots of toys. He even had his own playroom that had blue and red safety mats on the floor and a mini slid set and trampoline inside of it. The walls of the playroom were white but with Dongmin's crayon scribbles all over it. The little boy had a huge toy bin of toys filled to the very top.