T H I R T Y F O U R

TW//story of a stillborn child so if this is too much for you handle, please skip and prioritize your mental health <3

Donghyuck's feet were swollen, his back was in excruciating pain from carrying not one but two children inside of him and his belly kicking. He was laying down on his air mattress in his apartment. He has not attending his job at the club for almost three months as his due date was approaching. The tanned male had found out he was having twins a few months ago and he had never been more afraid in his entire life. Giving birth was not what he was afraid of. He was afraid of not being able to raise two infant babies in this cruel world he lives in, barely being able to financially support himself.

No matter what he did, how he moved, he was in pain. The pain of carrying a child is uncomfortable and he wished he had someone by his side to comfort him and tell him how much of a wonderful he was doing keeping his children safe in his tummy. He forced himself to stand up to walk into the kitchen in his fluffy socks to make something to eat because his babies needed the nutrients in their bodies to be healthy. Even though he hated living, he was not going to deprive his children of food, something so crucial to survive. His babies did not deserve to be starving so he forced himself to eat until his was full.

He placed his bowl in the sink after he ate, excruciating pain shooting in his stomach as he harshly gripped the sink with his head hung low. "Ahh," Donghyuck hissed with a groan, tears forming in his eyes and that was when he felt something trickle down his legs. It was time. He was going into labor. He sucked in a breath and tried to control his breathing as he rushed to his room to grab his bag and pull over a hoodie. It was nearing midnight and it was chilly outside since winter was slowly coming to an end. He struggled to slid on his sneakers as he let out a wince, placing a hand over his bump to rub it a bit. "J-just hold on a little bit more for papa, babies," Donghyuck pleaded with a groan in pain.

Donghyuck was feeling lightheaded as he stepped outside of his apartment, walking through his crappy neighborhood. Though, he tried to ignore it and keep his focus in order to protect his children. He waddled with a stumble to the hospital, out of breath as he stepped inside the building and slowly headed to the receptionist whose eyes widened when she saw Donghyuck's state. "Someone get a wheelchair!" She shouted in the hospital and though people were half asleep due to it being late, people rushed around to find a wheelchair for Donghyuck to sit on instantly.

Frantically, Donghyuck began to panic with the way the receptionist was shouting. Was there something wrong? Is something wrong with his babies? He was beginning to feel overwhelmed and began to hyperventilate as he was being pushed into the labor room, a nurse holding his hand and telling him to try to breath and stay calm for the babies. It was not until Donghyuck was placed on the hospital bed that he saw a puddle of blood on his pants. "I-is there something wrong with my babies?" Donghyuck asked breathily, sweat was beading all over his forehead and dripping.

The doctor came rushing in as Donghyuck threw his head back on the cushion of the bed with as his upper lip opened his mouth and let out painful scream. "We need to get them out now!" The doctor hollered at the nurses, holding up the tools to perform a surgery to get the children out. "W-whats going on?!" Donghyuck screamed out a cry as more nurses surrounded him. He felt something be injected into his thigh that immediately numbed his abdomen and down to his legs. "Mr. Lee Donghyuck, breathe. We just need to get your babies out a bit quicker than normal," a nurse explained quickly as the doctor began performing the surgery, cutting Donghyuck's stomach open as blood was oozing from the long incision.

Donghyuck's breathing was staggered. He could hardly feel the pain in his stomach anymore but he was still overwhelmed as anxiety rushed through his veins. The tanned male's hearing was coming in and out as his vision was blurring. But no. He could not pass out right now. Not when the birth of his children was happening at this moment. He needed to be there consciously to make sure everything went okay. Suddenly, a red and swollen little child was being pulled out of Donghyuck's stomach with gushy stuff all over it. The nurses did not even ask the male to cut his own umbilical cord and did it instead. Donghyuck could tell something was wrong with how fast they were proceeding his children's birth.