T W E N T Y E I G H T

Tw// suicidal thoughts and mentions of non consented touching

The three of them were back at the condo, Dongmin fast asleep in Donghyuck's arms from laughing so much earlier. Donghyuck followed Mark to Dongmin's room and set the sleeping boy on his little bean bag chair so that he would not get his bed dirty. Mark had given Donghyuck a quick little house tour, which was not much anyway since the younger had practically seen everything besides Dongmin's room, his playroom, and Mark's bedroom. Their coats and sneakers were removed and Mark so badly wanted to but the younger more things to spoil him because he deserves the best.

"I still can't believe you live here," Donghyuck said in disbelief. He was so proud of Mark for making something of himself and having a very good paying job, buying a condo without the help of his parents. Mark giggled as the two were in the older's room, sitting on the black haired male's bed. Donghyuck fiddled with his fingers on his lap while Mark stared at him expectantly with an assuring smile, waiting for the younger to speak up whenever he was ready to. This was it. Today was the day Donghyuck would explain everything to Mark, his best friend, the person who he knows he could trust even though they have not been with each other in a few years.

"This is going to be a long conversation...are you sure you're willing to hear my explanation? I don't want to take up your time because I know you're a busy man," Donghyuck wanted to confirm before beginning. Mark nodded with his smile still plastered on his face, "Of course I want to. If it's you, I'd listen to anything you'd have to say. Take your time though, yeah? There's no rush." Donghyuck reluctantly nodded his head, a shy smile and a blush making its way to his face. Mark reached his arm over to place a hand on Donghyuck's to stop the younger from picking at them.

"Please don't hate me, Mark," Donghyuck sadly smiled, tears welling up in his eyes as Mark brought him into his embrace to shush him. "I could never hate you," Mark whispered assuringly in the younger's ear. He did not like how the younger kept thinking he would hate him. Mark could never hate the younger no matter what he did or what he said. He was too in love with Donghyuck to ever reenact such a thing. Even when Donghyuck disappeared for a few years, Mark could not hate him. Sure, he was upset and sad but that did not mean he hated the younger. Donghyuck had his reasons to do what he had to do and Mark knew that.

"My life was complete shit before I met you in middle school. I mean, it still was shit but you made it better," Donghyuck said as he pulled away from Mark's hug to look at the older's attentive face. "My parents and I were poor. We didn't have enough money to go out and buy food or clothes. We barely we had enough money to pay the bills of the house we used to live in. When I was younger, I never realized how terrible of a financial situation we were in. My mom would always give me cuddles and play with me until she stopped one day. I don't really know what happened between my parents, but they just suddenly stopped talking to each other and I could feel the tension each time I was in the same room as them," Donghyuck recalled, his eyes shut at the memory.

"I wasn't stupid either. I knew something was wrong but I still tried to smile and make them happy. It didn't work though and they became depressed. I went to school with ripped clothes and holes in the fabric as other kids my age would poke and make fun of me for it. It wasn't fair. I never did anything wrong to them for them to be so mean to me. It wasn't my fault that I couldn't have new things that other kids would get. I couldn't get new things every single day like the others. Even on my birthdays, I didn't get anything. I'm not saying I was ungrateful or anything because that's not it. When I'm saying I didn't get anything on my birthdays, I mean not even a single happy birthday from my parents because they were too consumed in their own problems to remember me," Donghyuck was beginning to get angry so Mark rubbed the younger's thigh as a sign to let the him know it was okay to express himself.