T W E N T Y S E V E N

Mark woke up early to get ready for his internship and to dress Dongmin up so his mom could take him to the daycare center. He stopped to think for a moment and decided on telling his mother that she did not have to come pick up Dongmin today since he could just drop Donghyuck and Dongmin off a bit early together. He washed up in the bathroom and threw over a plain t shirt and jeans before walking through the lightly dimmed hallways to Dongmin's room to see if the baby was up. But when he entered Dongmin's room, the little toddler was not there.

Mark knew he could not have gone far and that he has to be inside the condo somewhere so he was not worried. The first place he checked however, was Donghyuck's room. He pushed the younger's door slightly open to peek his head inside, witnessing Dongmin cuddled in his papa's arms as the two of them slept soundly. Mark internally cooed and tried not to wake them up, giving them a few extra minutes as he finished getting ready. He let his black hair lay over his forehead and he sprayed some cologne.

Mark walked back to the younger's room, this time seeing Donghyuck laying on his back while Dongmin was sprawled like a starfish on the tanned male's stomach. How did they manage to get in that position? Mark does not know but he found it incredibly cute. He slowly tiptoed in the room to gently shake both his babies awake. Mark wanted to giggle out loud when Dongmin and Donghyuck woke up the exact same way, their eyes tiredly fluttering open with a pout puckered on their lips. "Mel," Donghyuck mumbled, Dongmin mimicking his papa.

"It's time to get up my sleepy babies," Mark fondly spoke, patting Dongmin's tummy with one hand while the other was ruffling the younger's hair. Donghyuck was too tired to even process what Mark was saying right now and the gentle massages the older gave his head made him sigh in content and close his eyes again. All that mattered to Donghyuck right now was that he was with his son and the love of his life instead of staying in a crappy apartment and fearing his safety. Now, here, he was safe. He was safe with Mark and Dongmin.

Donghyuck felt the warmth of his son disappear as Mark carried him to go and get him ready, leaving Donghyuck with a pout as he sat up against his headboard. He did not want to get up right now or go to work. He wanted to stay with Dongmin and Mark all day, but he needed to make money. He can not just live here with Mark and not have a job. It was not fair to Mark if he did all the working. Little pitter pattered steps of bare feet came running in Donghyuck's room, a happy and fully awake Dongmin now dressed.

Donghyuck let out a smile as Dongmin climbed back on the tanned male's bed, the red head could smell something being made in the kitchen. Dongmin plopped himself on Donghyuck's lap as the tanned male wrapped his arms securely around the toddler. He shimmied out of bed and carried Dongmin to the kitchen where Mark stood with his back turned, making something on the stove. "Morris can cook?" Donghyuck deadpanned which caused Mark to turn around with a huff. "No one will ever let it go!" Mark whined playfully as Dongmin bounced in Donghyuck's arms.

"Hungwy!" Dongmin shouted as Donghyuck chuckled and looked at the little boy. "You have to be patient. Daddy is almost done making you something to eat, okay?" Donghyuck told him, ruffling the little boy's hair who nodded patiently. "Owkay," Dongmin responded while Donghyuck put him in his seat at the table before going over to help Mark. "Need assistance?" The younger shyly asked as Mark shook his head with a soft smile, pecking the red head's cheek. "You can get dressed. I'll drop you guys off at the daycare before I go to college," Mark stated as Donghyuck bit his lip.

"Hey," Mark called out, using his fingers to pull the younger's lip to stop him from biting it before giving him a quick yet chaste kiss. "Don't hurt yourself, sunshine," Mark whispered against the younger's lips which sent Donghyuck's cheeks to darken red. Donghyuck was too shy to face Mark right now so he scurried away to his room and pulled the clothes out of his bag to pick out an outfit. Not many options, but he decided on a pair of blue jeans and a white polo shirt. He hung up the rest of his clothes in his new closet and put some of them in a drawer. He washed up in the bathroom afterwards and tried to comb down his hair.