T H I R T Y T H R E E

Donghyuck lifted Dongmin to sit him on the counter. "What should we make, Minmin?" Donghyuck asked his son who placed his small pointer finger over his pouted lips. "Pwancake!" Dongmin clapped his hands which made Donghyuck smile and nod his head. "Pancakes it is then!" Donghyuck searched through Mark's pantry to find the pancake batter and took out a pan and spatula from the dish rack. He took out the butter from the fridge and grabbed a bowl to pour the batter in. Donghyuck set the bowl in front of Dongmin and helped the toddler pour the dry batter into the bowl, the tanned male praising the little boy for doing such a great job helping.

Donghyuck poured some water and milk into the bowl to make the batter fluffy, Dongmin using all the strength he had to stir the rough mixture. It was quite messy as Dongmin was getting pancake batter all over his clothes and he even got some on his face because the toddler thought it was a great idea to slap the batter with the whisk, the mix splattering all over the place. "Dongmin!" Donghyuck tried to contain his laughter at the two year old letting his impulsive thoughts win. Meanwhile Mark was watching the two make a mess in the kitchen from afar.

Donghyuck splayed butter on the pan and let the stove heat up until the butter melted and began bubbling. He poured the pancake mix that Dongmin worked so hard to stir into the pan and put the bowl to the side to quickly wet a napkin to clean his baby's face. "Minmin dwid good!" Dongmin clapped his hands that still had batter on them so it got on Donghyuck's face. Donghyuck heard a snicker from across the room as he raised his head to see Mark leaning against the wall to keep his balance from laughing too hard.

"Why don't you come clean your son so I can flip these pancakes?" Donghyuck sassed as Mark nodded between his laughter, stumbling over to stand in front of the counter where Dongmin was sitting. Donghyuck passed Mark the napkins so he can go back to the stove and flip the pancake over. "Mel laugh?" Dongmin questioned before using his legs to stand himself up on the counter and slap his daddy's cheeks with both his hands to squish the black haired male's face, ultimately leaving tiny hand prints on his face when Dongmin let go. "Hah!" Donghyuck laughed, pointing a finger at the older's face who pouted.

He flipped the pancake back over and onto a plate, grabbing the batter to pour more of the mix onto the pan. "Ha ha. Hilarious," Mark sarcastically said as he walked over to swipe his finger on the edges of the pancake batter bowl and traced his finger on Donghyuck's nose. "Rudolph the white nose reindeer," Mark commented as Donghyuck tsked and as soon as the younger finished making their pancakes, he took the last of the batter and poured it on the older's head. "Oops?" He shrugged as Mark's jaw dropped. "Oh you're so on," Mark challenged as Donghyuck squealed and grabbed Dongmin from the counter, using him as a shield. And that was how a food fight began with pancake batter.

The toddler giggled in Donghyuck's arms as the tanned male ran around the kitchen with Mark chasing after them. Laughter and screams echoed throughout the condo and people probably thought somebody was getting murdered with how loud it was but they did not care. The poor pancake batter was being used as a weapon, splattered all over the floors and their bodies. Their clothes were dirtied and their faces had white powder and batter painted on them. If anyone saw them, they would probably judge them for being so messy and letting their home become a pigsty with pancake batter.

After their harmless battle, they ate their pancakes with fits of laughter still emitting from them because they all looked silly. When they finished eating, Donghyuck put all the dishes in the sink while Mark removed Dongmin's dirty clothes and carried the toddler for a bath. The younger washed the dishes and let them dry on the dish rack as he looked for a mop to clean the floors. He swept and mopped the tiled floors, now clean from pancake mix. He then used a rag to clean the counter and table. By the time Mark came out with Dongmin, both of them squeaky clean, the condo was spic and span.