T H R E E

It was cold and dark when Donghyuck had woken up, realizing that he had passed out during the older man's activities with him. He was lain bare on his back on a mattress, Donghyuck assuming he was in one of the rooms that people often paid extra to have some fun with the strippers. Bringing his hands to his eyes, he rubbed them tiredly while he sat up—an immediate sharp pain shooting from his lower back.

It is not like it is the first time this happened anyway.

Donghyuck winced in pain as he turned on the lamp beside the bed he was laying on, glancing around the messy room. The sheets of the bed were undone, clothes were scattered all of the floor, and a semen filled condom on the floor which made Donghyuck sigh in relief that the man used that at least. Although, he would have preferred it to not have happened at all.

There was no way he could tell the time in this room as there was no clock and he did not own a phone. He simply could not afford one so he would contact people the old school way, writing letters. Taeyong, however, gave him a work phone to use for while he was on the job at the daycare center and if he needed to be contacted immediately, but that was in his bag inside his dressing room.

With it being oddly silent in the club, Donghyuck supposed that it was after closing hours. He let out a sigh as he stood up from the mattress, his body aching in pain but he ignored it as he clothed his naked body with his clothes he had on previously and picked up the cash the man left him on the ground.

Walking with a slight limp, Donghyuck opened the door to head over to his dressing room. The lights were completely shut in the building, but Donghyuck knew the way around the club like the back of his hand.

He flipped on his light switch and grabbed his bag from the couch, counting the money in his hand before shoving it inside his bag with his other earnings from the evening. Just as he predicted to make somewhere between five hundred and one thousand dollars, he made seven hundred. He slipped on some jeans over his shorts and kept his button up on his body, buttoning it all the way because he felt too exposed.

He reached for his work phone in the side pocket of his bag and read that it was almost four in the morning. The red head threw over his black hoodie on his body and removed his eye mask. He let out a dragged sigh as he slid on his beat up black sneakers that had a hole on the side of them before leaving the club through the back exit.

The air outside was completely different than the air inside of the strip joint. Earlier, the club was hot and steamy as everybody's body heat was on top of one another, sweaty bodies slithering against each other. Now, the air outside was cool and there was a gentle breeze that made his red hair move back slightly. He made sweater paws with his hoodie as his hands were freezing while he walked the lit up streets on the sidewalk.

Cars sped by, surprising Donghyuck with how many cars are out this late but remembering that people were more than likely on their way to work. He had to fight every urge, every ounce of impulse in his body to stop himself from walking in the middle of the street.

He had things to take care of, he could not do such a thing. Sure, he is miserable but maybe that was his destiny and he is supposed to be miserable and depressed for the rest of his life because he truly deserves it.

But he could not help but think that maybe it would be easier to deal with if he was not here at all anymore.

"Shut up!" Donghyuck smacked his face before clutching his head while shaking it, trying to put a halt to the tempting voices in his head telling him to just do it.

"Shut up!" Donghyuck breathed out heavily, it was as if his brain was shouting at him and he had no way to stop it.

He has to be strong. He promised himself he would never let himself end up like his parents, drinking their problems away until they died, taking the easy way out, and leaving behind their family. They left him behind to put an end to their misery and suffering and he hated them for that. He hated how they could not hold themselves together and be strong for their one and only son. He hated that they took the easy way out. He hated how they did not at least take him with them.