T W E N T Y T W O

Donghyuck finished his sandwich and boba tea, chewing that last ball of boba as he leaned back into his seat slumped. He was in a good daze from being so full and stuffed, tiredly blinking his eyes as Mark watched him with fond eyes. "He really is similar to, Dongmin," Mark thought, observing the younger carefully. He took in the younger's appearance, scanning his facial features and comparing them to Dongmin in his mind: same brown round pudu eyes, Same cute little button nose, same moles painted on their cheeks. Either is was a coincidence that Dongmin and Donghyuck shared a lot of features or he was just bugging out.

Mark snapped a picture of the tanned male who was staring out the window again, the sun beaming on his beautiful skin which displayed a visibly clearer view of Donghyuck's moles. Donghyuck was absolutely gorgeous and everything about him to Mark was perfect. Donghyuck, feeling eyes on him, turned his head to look back at Mark with his cheeks tinted a shade of red. "Ready to go, sunshine?" Mark asked the younger who nodded cutely. "I just have to use the bathroom," he said as Mark hummed.

When Donghyuck went to the bathroom, Mark stood up to go to their waitress that stood behind the counter of pastries and quickly paid the bill before the younger came back, tipping the waitress as well. Mark went back to where they were sitting as he waited for Donghyuck to come out of the bathroom. A few minutes had passed and Donghyuck still had not come out which was making Mark worried. Just then, he received a text from Donghyuck asking him to come to the bathroom. The older did not waste any time as he entered the bathroom.

"Donghyuck? Are you okay?" Mark worriedly asked as Donghyuck was in the bathroom stall. "Uh, can you get me toilet paper?" Donghyuck gritted his teeth in embarrassment which made Mark sigh in relief and let out a chuckle. He walked to the stall next to Donghyuck and unhooked the toilet paper roll. "I'll hand it to you underneath," Mark warned as he bent down to let his arm go under the stall, feeling the toilet paper disappear from his grasp. Donghyuck uttered out a small thank you as Mark gave the younger some privacy and waited outside the bathroom.

After a few more minutes, Donghyuck came out of the bathroom with his head hung low due to embarrassment. Mark smiled and gave Donghyuck a quick peck on the top of his head which made the younger instantly shoot his head up, his face red while chewing his bottom lip. "You're so cute," Mark stated as he began walking towards the exit, stopping when he noticed Donghyuck had not moved an inch. Mark giggled as he jogged back and pulled Donghyuck's hand gently to lead him outside of the café. The amount of butterflies Donghyuck felt in his stomach as his heart skipped multiple beats were too much for him to handle.

Mark opened the passenger door as Donghyuck sat inside before going over to the drivers side, starting the car and pulling away once they were buckled in their seats. Donghyuck was humming to the tune of the radio as Mark drove somewhere else since the tanned male had an extra hour till his shift. Donghyuck just sat back and enjoyed the car ride, his eyes closing comfortably being speaking. "What do you think I would be doing right now if I went to college?" Donghyuck's sudden question startled Mark as it had been quiet and he thought the younger fell asleep.

"Not sure on what exactly, but I knew that whatever you put your mind to, you would be able to achieve it. Was there something you have always wanted to study?" Mark answered with another question as Donghyuck shook his head. "I hated high school school. I just wanted to get it over with and plus never even had time to think about what I wanted to do as a career," Donghyuck honestly spoke as he opened his eyes to look over at Mark who frowned.

It was true. Donghyuck was so fixated on his parents and having to get a job when they died to earn money, that he never had the chance to think about what he wanted to do after high school. He grew up too quickly for his own good and it hurt him every time he thought about the past. Maybe if his parents were not the way they were and actually tried to come up with a solution to the problem, then maybe Donghyuck would have enjoyed his school years. But he did not and instead of going to college since he did not have the money, he worked double jobs to earn money that barely covers his bills sometimes.