S E V E N T E E N

The silence in the empty dull room that had only a bed in it was ironically loud. If it were not for the music sounding for the club's pa, they might be able to hear each other's knocking heartbeats. Donghyuck gulped as Mark stared into his eyes, trying to search them for any emotion he could find and distinguish. Donghyuck shyly looked away with his bottom lip trapped between his teeth. "Why have you been avoiding me?" Was surely not the way Donghyuck expected this conversation to start.

The younger stayed silent as he looked at his fiddling fingers while Mark let out a sigh. "Why did you disappear?" Mark asked and yet again, Donghyuck was silent as he felt tears prickling in his eyes. Mark knew the younger must be in deep thought, trying to come up with something to say but Mark did not want that. He did not want an excuse. He wanted answers and he wanted them now because it seemed like this would be the only chance he would get to ask him these questions.

"I'm not trying to force answers out of you but you did say we could talk and I'm hoping you'd say something," Mark restated as Donghyuck slowly raised his head to meet Mark's confused eyes. Why was the older not yelling at him? Why was he not saying how terrible of a person he is for leaving? Why was the older still being so patient with him despite the pain and annoyance he always caused?

"I-I was living with my g-grandparents, remember?" Donghyuck lied and he knew the older detected it when one of his brows raised. Mark nodded his head slowly in disbelief as he pointed at the younger. "Why are you lying to me? We used to tell each other everything and be together all the time! Then one day, you're not there anymore!" Mark did not mean to raise his voice and only did he notice was when Donghyuck's tears escaped from his eyes which made his mask drenched.

"I-I'm sorry," Donghyuck let out a choked whisper before bursting into tears. If it were not for the music, his sobs would have been heard throughout the entire club. Mark frowned. He was not trying to make the younger cry, he was just genuinely confused, upset, but so happy that he was finally seeing Donghyuck in front of him once again.

Donghyuck was embarrassed and ashamed of himself for one, crying in front of Mark and for two, not being able to explain himself to the older. It was not like he did not want to, but he did not know how to. He has not seen Mark in so long and his emotions were not under control. His eye makeup was being ruin, smearing underneath his tear soaked eye mask.

Donghyuck had not realized Mark stepped closer to him, the older's cologne and faint smell of alcohol that came from his mouth invaded Donghyuck's nostrils. He looked up at the older, their height different was not a major one—Mark was taller by a couple inches. Mark's soft yet calloused finger tips grazed against the younger's cheek as he let his fingers linger on Donghyuck's eye mask. "May I remove this? I want to see you," Mark exclaimed.

Feeling a sense of enticement, Donghyuck nodded his head as Mark peeled off the his eye mask—revealing his ruined eye makeup and puffy eyes. Donghyuck, allured by Mark in front of him, felt a little too exposed as he realized how revealing his outfit was—his shirt unbuttoned which revealed his tanned chest and his shorts that slowly rode up his thighs—after his mask was removed.

Mark cupped the younger's left cheek with one hand as his eyes stared down into Donghyuck's large round ones. Donghyuck's breath hitched at their close proximity which made his cheeks heat up. The older still held such a strong impact on the younger, his feelings had obviously never faded away and if anything, he felt like they were even more powerful than ever before.

Mark let stifled his giggle as he brought his other hand up to wipe away Donghyuck's tears, the younger's makeup wiping off while he spoke softly, "More than four years and you haven't changed one bit." Donghyuck did not know how to take what the older said. Did he mean it in a negative way? It could not possible mean anything good. It seemed as though Mark was reading his mind when he spoke again, "It's not a bad thing."