T W E N T Y N I N E

After their tears and breathing had finally settled, Donghyuck pushed his chest away from Mark's with his arms loosely around the older's neck. "Senior year," Donghyuck started with a small distressed chuckle before meeting Mark's red big eyes. "The party happened and well you know we got drunk together. But I'll explain more when I come back from work. I've spoken for a while now and I'm kinda exhausted," Donghyuck nervously uttered as Mark let out an assuring smile and nod. Donghyuck really debated on whether or not he should just spill it out now but he could not be late to work today since it was his performance day.

"Have you ever thought about taking the weekends off from work?" Mark asked. Though it was not his business, he really wanted the younger to take as many breaks as he could from working since he has been doing it for a long time. Donghyuck bit his lip and slouched on Mark's lap, laying his head on the older's shoulder while he snuggled his face in his neck. The younger let out a long sigh as Mark felt it against his skin, shivers running through his body at the contact. Mark felt the younger nod against his neck. "All the time," Donghyuck's muffled voice spoke. "But I need the money for Dongmin badly."

Mark draped his arms around the younger's waist as he leaned his head on top of Donghyuck's. "You have me now. You don't have to be working so much," Mark stated but Donghyuck immediately protested. "Mark, I refuse to take anyone's money," he seriously spoke while Mark sighed. "I know you that but you don't have to be killing yourself and working so much. You can work but rest yourself too, you know? Your body needs it. Overworking yourself isn't good for your health," Mark advised as Donghyuck let out a dry laugh. "My body's already breaking down so I'm just doing myself a favor." Donghyuck said, each word getting softer as he spoke.

Mark frown and felt his heart pound in nervousness. He did not like that way the younger spoke about himself. He knew the younger was depressed, but actually seeing it visually and hearing it come from Donghyuck's mouth scared him to the core. Mark does not know what he would do without Donghyuck and he does not want to find out in any tragic scenario. "You may think that, but what about Dongmin? Are you doing him a favor by doing that? Sure, you may be earning the money to support him and care for him. But are you doing him a favor by hurting and damaging the body of his papa?" Mark inquired, Donghyuck's guilt rising in the heat of his cheeks.

Mark was right. He really was not doing any justice to Dongmin for hurting himself like this and overworking. It was not fair to his son, but Donghyuck really needed the money and he just can not accept someone's help because it all comes back down to what he has said from the beginning. Nothing comes for free. Sure, it may be taking a toll on his health physically and mentally, but if it were for Dongmin, he would do it over and over again to make sure that his son lives the life that he could not when he was younger. Donghyuck was not going to sit around and do nothing to fix his financial problems in the way his parents did. He was going to take action and do whatever it took to be with his son and support him.

"I understand you very well, Donghyuck. But please try to think on it, okay? I'm always here for you and whatever decision you make, I'll be here for you waiting for your beckon call and I'll do anything to help ease whatever you have going on," Mark truthfully said and it made Donghyuck blush. However, Donghyuck did not want the older to feel like he had to do this. He knows he is probably overthinking it right now, but Mark should not have to do anything for him. It was making him feel guilty for not doing anything for him in return all these years.

How did Donghyuck manage to get so lucky to have someone like Mark in his life. How has Mark never managed to get sick and tired of Donghyuck and having to wait for him all these years? How could Mark love him so much to do this? He did not deserve him. He felt selfish for taking Mark away from someone who he truly deserves and it made him feel horrible because Mark was scarifying so much for him. But when he was with Mark, he felt like it was okay to be selfish with just this one thing. Donghyuck does deserve to be happy right? Well Mark surely does think so. In fact, Mark believes Donghyuck deserves the entire universe and if he could, he would give it to the younger without a doubt.