N I N E

Nothing could be heard but the sound of keys jingling from behind the door, forcing Donghyuck's tired eyes to flutter open—the red head squinting his eyes as he tried to figure out where he was. He was in an unfamiliar place, a room that was dimly lit since it was dark outside as he was on the large bed. Donghyuck sat up while rubbing his eyes with the back of his palms, kicking his legs over to the edge of the bed and standing up. The room was quite empty as it did not seem like it was occupied by anyone.

Memories were a blur for Donghyuck when he regained consciousness. He could not exactly recall what had occurred during his anxiety attack during work earlier. All he remembers was that he fainted in Taeyong's arms and he was very embarrassed about it.

The door of the room was wide opened as he followed the light outside of it, identifying where the sounds of keys came from a few seconds ago. The sound of the wooden floor creaked which caught the attention of the older in the kitchen and dining area.

"Donghyuck! How are you feeling?" Ten asked, walking over to the red haired male to check his temperature with the back of his hand after dropping his keys on the counter. Content with Donghyuck's temperature, he dropped his hand as he observed the tanned male's confused face. Ten spoke again after not receiving an answer, "You're at mine and Taeyong's apartment. I didn't know where you lived so I brought you here." He explained.

"What time is it?" Donghyuck asked. He knew it had to be after midnight if Ten had just arrived to his apartment from the club. He nibbled on his lip in anxiousness because he missed his shift. He can not miss shifts. He needs all the money he could possibly get.

"Almost one in the morning. Don't worry about not working tonight, you were excused today. In fact, Jaehyun said that if you need to take days off he is more than willing to let that happen. I think you should do it so you can rest for a while," Ten answered with a subtle nod, a kind smile resting on his face while Donghyuck caught his bottom lip between his teeth. Ten knew the young male could not stand missing days of work and he knew Donghyuck would decline Jaehyun's offer.

"Are you hungry or thirsty?" Ten asked instead of pushing the topic, ready to head into the kitchen to make the younger something to eat. Donghyuck shook his head no but his stomach immediately betrayed him after that and growled loudly. Ten chuckled and pulled a chair out for Donghyuck to take a seat in while he made some ramen noodles. Hesitantly, Donghyuck sat down after a reassurance from the older that it was okay.

"You really don't have to make me anything. I can go home," Donghyuck stated, but Ten held up his pointer finger and moved it side to side as if his gesture was saying no.

"Nonsense. You're staying the night. It's too late for you to be going back right now," Ten denied the younger who huffed and crossed his arms while waiting for his noodles to be boiled. Donghyuck felt bad for staying inside Ten and Taeyong's Apartment so late, especially after now thinking that Taeyong might be sleeping. He let out a yawn. It seemed like even if he slept for a long time, he was still tired and exhausted. It really did not matter how much rest he got.

Donghyuck was dozing off in his chair as Ten placed a bowl of noodles in front of him which woke him up. "You slept for twelve hours straight so I know you must be starving right now," Ten thoughtfully spoke as he placed a pair of chopsticks beside Donghyuck's bowl. He went to grab a water bottle from the fridge and gave it to the younger who thanked him with a small mumble of his breath. "Eat up," Ten encouraged as he went back to the kitchen to wash the dishes.

And Donghyuck did just that.

Ten took Donghyuck's bowl when he finished so that he could wash it. The tanned male was full after eating such a delicious home cooked meal, something he had not been made in such a long time. Donghyuck rubbed his eyes again, feeling his eyes become heavier as Ten approached him with a giggle.