T W E L V E

Just as Mark was heading towards the kitchen to make dinner, his front door opened and entered his mother with a envelope in her hand. She walked over to Mark and kissed his cheek. "Where's my little grandson?" She asked, placing the envelope on the counter and scanning the room with her eyes. Mark gave a lopsided smile as he took the envelope.

"He's in his room," Mark answered while using his fingers to open the envelope, revealing cash inside of it. Ever since Mark had received Dongmin, he had been getting money from whoever was the mother of his son. Mark guessed that she wanted to help out as much as she could while situating herself. It was a couple hundred dollars and Mark did not really need it since he is practically rich, but he does use it for Dongmin's necessities at least as per his son's mother's request.

Mark figured Dongmin's mother wanted to be somewhat involved in their son's life even if she could not physically be there. Mark hoped she would show herself soon and visit Dongmin even if it was for a day. He is pretty sure Dongmin is missing her dearly even though he might not remember too much because of his age. But Mark was almost definite that kids would miss the love and comfort that comes from their mother when it suddenly disappears.

"I was about to make dinner. Do you want to stay?" Mark asked his mother, folding the envelope securely to put it in his pocket. Mark's mother let out a wheeze which made Mark raise a brow at her. "You, cook? Mark baby, let mom do the cooking tonight." She stated as she went to wash her hands in the kitchen sink, leaving a pouting Mark.

"I just had one bad egg incident and everyone holds it against me," Mark faked a whine while Mark's mother snorted and went into the fridge to grab some ingredients for tonight's dinner. "Hush now. Go play with you son." She commanded as Mark nodded. He should check on Dongmin to see if he was feeling any better than yesterday.

Mark walked through the condominium where the hall of the bedrooms and bathrooms were, going to Dongmin's door and pushing it open. Dongmin was staring blankly at the wall with a crayon in his hand and a black piece of paper on the floor. Dongmin had not even noticed his daddy enter his room as Mark tilted his head in confusion and concern.

"Dongmin?" Mark called out, the little boy turning his head to look at his father with his eyes revealing something Mark could not decipher. "Grandma is here. Do you want to say hi?" He asked, hoping to try to get the little boy to smile a little bit. Dongmin however, did not smile but instead stood up to leave his room to find his grandma.

Mark followed his son closely as Dongmin walked over to his grandma who was cooking their meal. He wrapped his tiny arms around Mark's mothers leg as she looked down with a fond smile. "How's my little doodle bear today?" She stopped what she was doing to bend down and pick Dongmin up to kiss his forehead. "Wah, you're getting so big for me to pick you up," she giggled.

When she had not gotten a reaction from Dongmin, she pursed her lips together. "Are you tired, Dongmin?" Dongmin, still holding onto the crayon, laid his head on her shoulder. It was similar to what he did when Mark picked him up from daycare yesterday. Mark was really confused as he walked over to them, feeling Dongmin's forehead.

"Is it just me or does he feel a bit warm?" Mark asked as his mother checked Dongmin's forehead and cheeks. "He does," she answered before looking at Dongmin. "Are you not feeling well?" Still there was no answer. It was not like they expected him to fully express how he feels with sentences anyway.

"Go sit with him on the couch," Mark's mother instructed, handing Dongmin to Mark as the black haired male nodded and headed over to the couch. Not even a few minutes later, his mother came over to them with damp towel to hand around to little boy's neck. "We'll see if his temperature changes after this. After we eat, I'll give him medicine." His mother stated before going back into the kitchen to finish up making dinner.