T W E N T Y F O U R

Donghyuck's jaw fell slack as he stared at the older man, his landlord. "What do you mean evicted? I've been paying my bills," Donghyuck exclaimed, he felt a rush of panic in his body as it shook because of the wind crashing against his body. "Late. You've been paying them late and I don't want to keep a contract with an irresponsible client. You're being terminated from the contract and I'll need you to move out by noon. If you're not out by noon, we'll forcefully remove you and throw your stuff away," the landlord shrugged and spoke passive aggressively, waving. "Have a great day!" And with that, the man left after slipped the paper in the younger's hand.

Donghyuck stood still, staring at the white piece of paper that claimed his eviction. He clutched the paper in his hold, crumbling it as he sucked in his breath to control himself from crying. How could this happen? Donghyuck was so close to earning enough money to move out and now he will not even have a place to live while he earns that money. He has been paying his bills and it was only a few times that Donghyuck was just a little late. He did not understand because his landlord never had a problem with this and now all of a sudden, he is getting kicked out.

Out of all days, why today? Why does this have to happen to him today? He can not go to Ten and Taeyong's because they are sick and will not be coming into work. Donghyuck had no where to go and he was too embarrassed to call Mark especially after revealing his secret to the older, well...more like partial secret. He slammed his front door shut, not caring if it breaks because he was out of this fucking dump anyway. He was pissed and this sent him on edge, angry tears escaping his eyes as he ran to his room to shove everything he owned into his backpack.

It was not much anyway. He picked out an outfit before packing the rest of his clothes away after sliding his phone in his pocket, there were not many either. He deflated his air mattress and stuffed his plastic bag full of money in his backpack. He stuffed his toiletries from the bathroom in his bag. He decided on leave his mattress—he was not going to walk around with that. Donghyuck slipped on his sneakers and pulled over his hoodie, holding his bag and leaving the keys beside the door before he left his apartment for good.

The sun was rising and it was only six in the morning, running out of his neighborhood and not turning back for nothing. Approaching the busy main streets, he accidentally bumped into someone...Minho. Donghyuck recognized him and apologized. "You must be very busy to always be on the run," Minho giggled as Donghyuck rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry. I should be more mindful of where I'm going," Donghyuck apologized as Minho only smiled and waved his hand dismissively.

"No worries. Where are you heading?" Minho asked with a sweet smile as Donghyuck bit his bottom lip. "Just to work," Donghyuck stated. It was not a complete lie. He did have to go to work, but his shift technically did not start until an hour or so. "Ahh I see. Same here," Minho said with a cheesy grin as Donghyuck only nodded with a black expression. "Well bye?" Donghyuck said as he walked away from the man who yelled his bidding of goodbye in return. Donghyuck shrugged his shoulders as he made his way to the daycare center.

Donghyuck stepped inside and headed to the teacher's lounge to put his bag down, hanging his id around his neck. He headed to the classroom and sat at Taeyong's desk, reaching for his phone in his pocket. There still was no text or call from Mark and it made the younger frown. He knows he will see him when he comes to get Dongmin but what if he avoids the younger? What if Mark does not ever want to be around Donghyuck again? It made him upset and worried. He was scared of what would happen later. And now that he does not have a place to stay, he was not sure what to do with himself and he wished Mark would reach out to him.

Donghyuck received a message from Taeyong, explaining that he would not be there again. The younger already knew that, but Taeyong just wanted to clarify just in so that Donghyuck had time to come up with a lesson plan for the day. Donghyuck already knew what he was going to be doing with the kids today and he assured Taeyong that everything will be alright and that he hoped Ten and Taeyong feels better.