T H I R T Y S I X

It was chilly and the first place Mark thought of going was to the convenient store to buy a drink—something he has not done in a long time—but he stopped himself because he knew of Donghyuck's past and how his parents always drank their problems away. He did not want to trigger Donghyuck no matter how much he hurt him so instead he bought take out food. Donghyuck had gone through so much and Mark was currently walking around the city during the afternoon, thinking of how much of an asshole he was. It could have been worse and he contained himself, he knew that, but it was still eating him alive and he felt horrible.

But he also did not want to go back to the condo feeling angry so taking a breath of fresh air is possibly the best thing he could have done instead of lashing out on the younger for nothing. Mark was replaying their conversation in his head as he strolled through the streets with a troubled mind. He had always been so patient and understanding, but he does not know why particularly this time he was snappy. Maybe it's just the overwhelming emotions that ran through his body after hearing the revelation of his children. There has been so much information being thrown at him since he first got Donghyuck back.

Mark let out a sigh as he had been walking for almost two hours. He knew he should start heading back to the condo now to talk to Donghyuck before he goes to work this evening. He should not have left Donghyuck alone for so long because he did not want the younger doubting Mark's love for him. Mark loves Donghyuck so freaking much that it physically hurt him but sent him on ecstasy at the same exact time. On the way back to the condo, Mark saw a cute family—two kids and two parents—holding hands with the two children in the middle. The black haired male softly smiled fondly.

He watched them for a few seconds giggle to their destination as their arms swung and all Mark thought about was his own family with Donghyuck. That made Mark want to hurry home as he sped through the streets of the busy city, pushing through the crowd of rush hour. The complex and familiarity of streets were coming into his vision as he crossed the street cautiously. He headed inside the building complex and pushed the button for the elevator before stepping inside. Once the shift brought him to the top, the doors opened as he took out his keys to unlock the door of his condominium.

As soon as he unlocked the door, he opened it and locked it behind him once he got inside. But he jumped a bit when he saw his son sitting on the floor staring up at him in front of the door. "Goodness," Mark panted and placed a hand over his heart to calm his beating chest. The little toddler pushed himself by his hands to stand up in front of the older. Mark quickly glanced around the room in search for Donghyuck, but he must be in his room. "Papa cwy," Dongmin pouted with a puff of his cheeks and those words broke Mark's heart into a million pieces.

Mark bent down to be on Dongmin's level before speaking softly with a question. "Did you comfort Papa while I was out?" That made Dongmin nod his head rapidly and hard, Mark thinking that the two year old would get a headache from doing so as he chuckled. "Very good." Mark ruffled the little boys hair. "Don't like papa cwy," Dongmin clasped his hands in front of him as he looked down. Mark frowned. Dongmin did not like to see his papa sad and Mark felt terrible for making the younger cry. "I don't like it either, bub," Mark sadly answered. Dongmin was sad but something about the nickname made him giggle.

"Are you hungry?" Mark asked, holding up the bag of food in the little boy's face. Dongmin clapped his hands with a nod, licking his tiny lips as he ran to the dining table. "Just like your Papa," Mark giggled as he followed the two year old and placed the bag of food on the table then going to the kitchen to grab plates and utensils. He served Dongmin a plate of chicken, cutting it into small bite sized pieces. Dongmin happily ate his chicken as Mark told him that he will see papa for a minute and to call him if he needs anything. Dongmin ignored his daddy as he stuff his face, the only source of answer given from him was a thumbs up. Mark rolled his eyes and chuckled before going to the younger's room.