S I X T E E N

"Thank you so much. Say bye, Dongmin," Mark commanded as Dongmin flashed a cheeky smile while waving at Taeyong. Mark softly smiled at his son as his eyes averted from behind the blonde in the classroom where a figure with a mop of red hair stood. He had gotten a glimpse of what the male daycare assistant looked like before but he wanted to confirm his suspicions of who he thinks it might be.

Could he be dreaming? Could he be completely wrong and it is not who he thinks? Mark was not so sure so for now, he left it be and casually left the daycare after his mini scan of the red head while holding Dongmin's little hand. He did not want to be so obvious with his stares anyway. When the reached the car, Mark buckled his son into his car seat before going around the car to the drivers seat.

During the car ride back to the condo , Dongmin was attempting to sing the wheels on the bus 'go round and round' which only consisted of the toddler's broken English of singing "da wheels on bus gwo rwownd rwownd!" and Mark found it adorable. Dongmin was a bit more of himself recently, though he still had his dull moments during the evening at home and Mark was curious on why that was.

Carrying Dongmin in the condo, he placed the little boy down on the floor as he locked the door. "Dongmin, grandma and grandpa are coming," Mark said, placing his palms on his knees as he bent down to try to sound as enthusiastic as possible. "You can sleepover tonight too! Doesn't that sound like fun?!" Mark said with hopeful eyes, his brows raised as well as his cheeks.

Dongmin tilted his head, "you stay no?" Mark grinded his teeth together in apprehension as he let his knees slowly meet the floor. "I'm going out tonight because it's uncle Johnny's birthday." Mark carefully explained as Dongmin pouted, "Me no gwo?" Dongmin asked with his best puppy eyes but Mark had to look away before he gave in. For where they were going, a little toddler could not be there. Mark shook his head, "Not today, I'm sorry." He hoped the boy would understand but at the end of the day, Dongmin was still a little baby.

Dongmin nodded and ran with a waddle to his step to his room as Mark felt bad for leaving him behind. He wish he could bring Dongmin with him, but a club was no place for an underaged child. Mark released a sigh as he went to his room to take a shower and get dressed, his mom texting him that she was on the way with his dad to pick up Dongmin. Mark was not too sure what to where. What do you even where at a club anyway?

He decided on a white shirt underneath a black suit jacket and a pair of ripped black jeans with white sneakers. Formal yet simplistic and casual. Mark really did not understand why Johnny wanted to go to some club for his birthday when they could have gone to a restaurant or maybe bowling or something. It was not that he was complaining, but clubs really are not Mark's forte.

Sure he went to parties a few years ago, but he realized how boring it was since it was just a repeated cycle of getting drunk, dancing, fucking, and then waking up in some room. He started to hate it when he began college so he hardly ever went, especially after getting Dongmin he never went again.

However, Mark sprayed a couple sprays of cologne on his neck and some on his wrist after cuffing his links, rolling his sleeves up to his elbow. He styled his jet black hair upwards, revealing his forehead as his hair was gelled back. Mark heard his front door open which meant his parents were there to pick up Dongmin. He walked across his room to open Dongmin's, finding the little boy minding his business and doodling in his coloring book.

"It's time to go, Dongmin," Mark softly spoke as Dongmin ignored his daddy and continued coloring. Mark sighed before repeating his words but still received the same reaction. He knew the little boy was upset that he could not come with him tonight. Mark tsked as he walked over and lifted Dongmin up to bring him over to the living room area where his parents were waiting. When they noticed their son carrying their grandson, they smiled brightly.