E I G H T

After the children finished eating their meals, Taeyong and Donghyuck helped them dispose the trash and clean up after themselves. They had a bit of free time before Taeyong began implanting the lesson plan for the day so the kids played, screams of joy and laughter echoed throughout the classroom—a sound that would naturally give a person a headache but for Donghyuck, it was music to his ears.

Donghyuck tried his best to keep himself away from Dongmin in case the young boy realizes or recognizes him. Dongmin had no problem socializing and playing with other students in the classroom and it made Donghyuck question why the boy's files say he was a troublemaker. He seemed completely fine to him...but maybe he was being a little too biased.

"My toy!" The same little girl that had asked Donghyuck if he was crying earlier, snapped while snatching the block from Dongmin's hand. Donghyuck watched the little feud as he could see Dongmin's eyes go from innocent and playful to dark and angry. The tanned male knew he was up to no good with that look on his face so he had no choice but to make himself known to diffuse the situation.

"Dongmin, why don't you help me set up arts and crafts?" Donghyuck suggested as the little boy turned his head towards him, making the tanned male's heart pound in anticipation since he wondered what his son was thinking. He observed the boy's angry face contort back into his innocent one with a head tilt of confusion, the little moles on his cheeks displayed as he pouted his plump small lips.

The child said not a word as other kids were still playing, accidentally pushing Dongmin out of the way to run up to help Donghyuck set up arts and crafts with Taeyong. "I want to help!" They simultaneously screeched.

Maybe Donghyuck was stupid enough to think that his son might actually remember who he was. How much could an almost three year old possibly remember anyway? He was probably long gone from Dongmin's mind the moment he gave him to Mark and he was not sure if he could handle the thought of that.

Donghyuck felt something tug at his heart as Dongmin just blankly stared at him, the kids helping Taeyong take out their paints and crayons. The red head bit his lip and averted his eyes at the ceiling for a moment, looking back down as Dongmin was no where to be seen. Donghyuck's heart dropped with fear and worry.

Donghyuck scanned his eyes throughout the room to spot the small boy's navy blue stripped shirt, but could not find him. He could not have gone far since it is a secured daycare center but Donghyuck could not help the rising anxiety and flashbacks that flew threw his brain and body.

Donghyuck sobbed as his stumbled over his legs to check every place he could think of to find his son. He refused to believe he was gone. He just refused to. "Minmin, you can stop hiding now. It's me, papa! I'm here, it's just me!" He forced his weakened limbs to search outside of his apartment, thinking maybe he walked outside. But it was no use so he can back inside, dropping his knees to the floor immediately without caring for the splinters he probably received as his buried his head in his hands.

"You're all I-I have left! P-please don't leave me too," Donghyuck cried.

Feeling the same fear he felt on that very day, thinking he had lost his son forever, Donghyuck could not help the way his heart felt like it was beating out of his chest and his breathing was becoming uneven while he felt a wave of dizziness. "N-not again." Donghyuck croaked, clutching his collared shirt by the collar tightly as he tried to control himself from letting his body take over.

"T-Taeyong," Donghyuck weakly called out to which somehow they older heard, his ears perked while the kids were now busy playing with the paints and making art. Taeyong made his way over Donghyuck by the windowsill, a panic flashing through his eyes as he witnessed the young red haired male's state.