E I G H T E E N

Donghyuck had not noticed he had been staring and holding onto Mark for quite a while, until he heard the older giggle and felt him clasp his other hand that was not on the older's arm. The tanned male panicked as he immediately let go of Mark's arm, mumbling shy apologies to the older. Mark gave Donghyuck's hand a gentle squeeze before speaking, "Text me back when you can so we can settle on a time, date, and place." Donghyuck nodded as he felt Mark squeeze his hand one more time before releasing it and heading towards the door, one hand on the door knob before looking over his shoulder with a beaming smile, "It'll be a date."

And that was the last thing the older said before he left Donghyuck alone in the room to squeal and jump around like an eleven year old who won their video game match. Donghyuck's tears had stopped a while ago, probably while he was shamelessly yet shyly checking the older out. He cleared his throat as a smile crept onto his face while biting his lower lip. He could not help but feel a wave of happiness hit him. If he had heard correctly, Mark had said that their meet up would be a date and he was too excited to be nervous right now—though he will be nervous after he comes down from his happiness high.

He slid his soaked eye mask on that was thrown on the mattress before making his way out of the room to go to his dressing room and taking the mask off again. Speeding over to his backpack, he dug his work phone out and saw the missed call and message that Mark had sent him. His face blushed immensely as he saved the older's number in his contacts which only consisted of three people including Mark: Taeyong, Ten, and Mark. It was meant to be used for emergencies only and for work, but Taeyong allows him to use it otherwise since he was the one that gave it to him.

His smile was fading into a shocked expression, wondering if Mark knew of his identity before. How did Mark know it was him performing? It could have been someone else for all Mark knew so how was he so sure? And even more so, how was he so thoughtful and accepting towards Donghyuck's occupation? The tanned male was standing in disbelief; he was incredibly surprised and he genuinely wondered how Mark did not flip out. Did Mark perhaps see him at the daycare? Even so, how could he confidently guess his Haechan identity without a single ounce of hesitation. It he really bad at masking his character? Or is Mark just that good at coming down to conclusions?

Donghyuck's eyes widened. If he could figure out that Haechan was Donghyuck and that he works at the daycare, does that mean he could tell that Dongmin is his son as well? Nerves of anxiety flowed back into Donghyuck's body as he chewed on his lip, drawing a bit of blood by how rough he did so. He could not help but overthink everything. He was a worrier and a thinker, not a great combination because it usually lead to anxiety attacks. Thankfully before Donghyuck could begin panicking a bit too much, Ten arrived in his dressing room.

"Hi, my baby! I was loo-" Ten shut the door behind him as his eyes filled with concern. "What happened?! Are you okay?" Ten rushed over to Donghyuck, taking in the younger's appearance with his ruined makeup and puffy face with red eyes while his bottom lip was bleeding. He held the younger's hand and gently pulled him to sit on the stool of his vanity so that he could take a cotton ball with disinfectant medicine and damp it on the younger's lip. Donghyuck hissed as the medication stung his lip, Ten uttering an apology before throwing the cotton ball away after confirming he stopped bleeding.

Ten then grabbed a makeup wipe and wiped off the smudged makeup from the younger's face, his  beautiful bare skin revealed as the older threw the wipe away. "Do you want me to redo your makeup?" Ten asked as the Donghyuck shook his head. He will just wear a different eye mask instead. Ten nodded before speaking again, "Why was my baby crying?" Donghyuck sniffled as he looked at himself in the vanity mirror.

"M-Mark knows I work here and we talked a little I guess," Donghyuck muttered a semi lie, though it was technically the truth but it was not literal with how it went. He left out the major detail about the fact that Mark had saved him from sexual harassment because he did not want the bluish green haired male to worry more about him than he already does. Ten just listened quietly as he waited for Donghyuck to continue speaking.