T H I R T Y F I V E

Donghyuck was a hysterical crying mess as he was telling Mark about his daughter, the loss of their daughter before she was even born. Donghyuck could barely let himself reach the older's eyes but he knew Mark was sad as tears were falling from his cheeks in his peripheral vision. The younger was afraid. He did not know what Mark was thinking because he has not said anything since he told him that about initially carrying twins and that made Donghyuck really worried. He was not sure what to think right now and the silence was absolutely killing him little by little.

Was Mark about to lash out at him? Is he not saying anything because he is trying to contain his anger? Or was Mark genuinely at a loss for words and did not know what to say? Donghyuck was unsure and it was eating him alive. "I'm sorry," Donghyuck squeaked out, his voice cracking as he cleared his throat to sound slightly normal than earlier. Mark looked at Donghyuck and the younger could not tell what was going on inside of the older's head. He could see Mark's eyes glistening and glossy as if he were about to cry some more, but on a tear or two escaped his eyes.

Mark nodded his head and smiled sadly, looking up at the ceiling before looking back at Donghyuck. "Dongmin survived at least, hmm? Don't cry too much sunshine. It wasn't your fault. Can you tell me a little bit more about it?" Mark finally gathered the courage to ask calmly as Donghyuck nodded slowly. Donghyuck explained the procedure he had to undergo to have his children and how everything was frantic. Mark listened intently on how their daughter saved saved Dongmin and kept him living inside of Donghyuck's stomach. "I named her Haneul," Donghyuck said just above whisper.

"A beautiful name. It's perfect for her," Mark smiled, pursing his lips to hold his emotions together. He leaned forward and rested his arms on top of his thighs, his head in his hands as he gripped it roughly. He sat back up, his hair slightly messy as Donghyuck told him the pain he went through alone to give birth to their twins. "I wanted you there so bad, Mark. But I was so scared of what you'd think and I didn't want to take you away from your school work," Donghyuck explained to him.

"You'd never take me away from anything, but even if you did, you're allowed to be selfish Donghyuck. You were pregnant..even carrying my children at that," Mark reasoned as Donghyuck lowerred his his. He knew at some level Mark was right, but he was in denial and his brain kept convincing him otherwise. "We should visit Haneul soon," Mark sweetly said with a small smile, but Donghyuck bit his lip as he raised his head to meet Mark's eyes again. "I-I don't know where she was buried," Donghyuck admitted. It was true. All he told Mark was that Haneul passed away, but he never said what happened after that.

Mark's eyes were intently on him as he tilted his head, "what do you mean?" Donghyuck nervously fiddled with his fingers, his cheeks were darkening with red due to anxiousness. "I told the nurse to take her away," Donghyuck turned his head away from Mark who visibly was beginning to get agitated but he kept his composure and remained patient. "Donghyuck, why would you leave it in their hands?" But the younger was chewing his lips harshly that it drew blood. Mark had called the younger's name again. "Donghyuck."

"B-because what else was I supposed to do? I was in pain and it hurt me to see her lay lifeless," Donghyuck answered rapidly. Mark shook his head and stood up, pacing back and forth to calm his breathing. "I understand that, baby. But you are the parent. You should have gotten to decide on what to do with her for a burial, not send her away," Mark responded and Donghyuck cried, tears falling from his eyes helplessly. Does Mark not think Donghyuck knows that now? Yes, he regrets not doing so because it is his child. But what was he to do? He was hurting and it was so painful to see his child in such a state. "I-I couldn't do anything about it," Donghyuck exclaimed.

"You couldn't do anything about it?" Mark repeated in a tone that Donghyuck knew that Mark was not too happy right now. "N-no?" Donghyuck mumbled as Mark pinched the bridge of his nose. "You could have done a lot of things about it, but you chose t- you know what? I need to take a breather and walk outside for a bit. Stay here with Dongmin please. I just want to clear my head for a moment," Mark stated before lashing out on the younger. His tone was irritable  and upset and Donghyuck could sense that. It was something he had always been afraid of.