F O R T Y F I V E

Previously, it was almost midnight as Mark was editing some papers online as he waited for Donghyuck to tell him that he was finished with his soft for the evening. Normally, he would get a text from the younger but this time he received a call from Jaehyun who told him that he should come get Donghyuck now. So Mark hurried to the car, excited to pick Donghyuck up as he carried and buckled a sleeping Dongmin in the car seat. He drove to the club and was met with Jaehyun standing outside of the door. With confusion, Mark stepped out of the car after making sure Dongmin was still sleeping.

"Hey," Mark greeted as Jaehyun have a wave, "You should go inside. Donghyuck doesn't look like he has a good mindset right now so I know he needs you the most. I'll watch Dongmin," Jaehyun informed him and that was all it took for Mark agree as he gave the eldest his car keys while he stepped into the club, heading straight for where the dressing rooms were behind the stage. The black haired male found Donghyuck's dressing room as he pushed it open, finding the younger in a shocked state and having trouble breathing while there was paper on the floor.

Out of reaction, Mark ran over to hug his boyfriend in hopes of comforting him and calming him down. Donghyuck was shaking in his arms, his face buried in his neck while Mark rubbed his back assuringly. And it seemed to work because after a while, Donghyuck was okay and he had not broken down. "Mark," Donghyuck called out, his voice muffled from Mark's neck as the older hummed and pulled away slowly to see his boyfriend's face. "Do you remember the guy I said I've ran into before?" Donghyuck asked and yes, the younger has brought it to Mark's attention of seeing Minho before on the way to work.

Mark's face contorted, his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes showing anger. "Yeah, why? Did he do something to you?" Mark asked, cracking his neck to the side while Donghyuck shook his head. "No, Markie. It's nothing like that," Donghyuck answered before continuing after Mark's expression relaxed once the younger undid his furrowed brows with his thumb. "His name is Minho, Choi Minho," Donghyuck stated as he quickly picked up the paper from the ground, trying to smooth out as many crinkles as he could before handing the paper to his boyfriend.

Mark left a look towards Donghyuck's eyes for a few seconds longer before averting them to the paper as he grabbed it. "I don't know if this is completely true or not and I'm going to need proof...maybe a dna test or something because I don't want to just believe what I see from some paper since he could have just made it up. However, it wouldn't surprise me if it is true because my father was a fucking player and it makes so much sense why they stopped talking to each other and we're both just drinking their unsolved issues away," Donghyuck said, his tone a bit harsh at the mention of his parents.

Mark gave the paper back to Donghyuck who folded it and placed it in his pocket while the older's grabbed his free hand, rubbing it comfortingly. "We'll get to the bottom of this, okay? If Minho is indeed your half brother, do you think you'd want to get to know him more? You have a right to refuse if you don't want to but if you did want to, I'd be here for you every step of the way," Mark sweetly said, bringing Donghyuck's hand up to place a kiss on the back of his palm which made the younger blush. "I'm still angry at my father. I don't know if I'd ever want to get to know him because I'll just get mad at the thought of what my father did," Donghyuck truthfully answered as Mark nodded.

"And you have every valid reason to feel that way, but I just want to tell you one thing and please don't take it as I'm forcing you or anything. If Minho turned out to be your brother, I think it would be nice to get to know him and that maybe this could help you get over what you parents did. Sometimes having a related family member helps a person heal because of a sibling connection and even though you guys had no knowledge of each other at the time, you're related. Now, that might not even be the case. Maybe it won't help and might make things worse but it never hurt to try. And it seems like Minho wants to get to know you if he went out of his way to give these to you," Mark said with a small smile as Donghyuck listened carefully.