F O R T Y

Mark parallel parked alongside the sidewalk in front of the cemetery, the two of them getting out of the car as Donghyuck carried Dongmin out of his car seat. Donghyuck stood in his spot on the sidewalk as he stared at the black gates of the cemetery, a fence surrounding the entire field of graves. The air was chilly as the wind blew and it was almost as if Haneul knew they were there as the sun was peaking out more. Donghyuck felt his eyes well up with tears and they had not even entered passed the cemetery gates to see her.

The younger felt a hand on the back of his coat, slowly rubbing it as Mark stood beside him with a comforting smile. But Donghyuck knew that this was killing Mark just as it was killing him. They were happy to be able to see her but at the same time, it pained them to know that she was not physically here. Mark quickly rubbed his own eyes with the sleeve of his coat before giggling, "Don't wanna keep her waiting now do you?" With Mark lightening the mood, Donghyuck smiled and shook his head. Dongmin laid his head on his papa's shoulders, the top of his head covered with his hood which made him look like a cute marshmallow.

They walked through the arched gates, the older looking at the paper with his daughter's information as he held Donghyuck's waist and guided them through the grave field. All that was plastered were silver stones and flowers lain on top of some graves in memory of that person. There was a plastic post board with information on where to find specific names in the alphabet and Mark identified which part of the graveyard their daughter was. Donghyuck walked with a shiver as Mark held him close while Dongmin buried his face in his papa's neck.

The walked on the concrete path of the yard of where a section with smaller rectangular stones were imbedded in the dirt. Mark read through the names by section as they were numbered until he found the name they were looking for. Mark and Donghyuck were standing in front of a silver metallic gravestone that was face planted in the ground and stuck out just a tad. Donghyuck felt his heart drop as he gulped and pursed his lips together to keep himself from crying, but tears were already subconsciously making their way out.

In loving memory of:

Lee Haneul

March 2nd to ———

Mark's grip tightened on Donghyuck's waist as he pulled the younger closer, rubbing him comfortingly as he sniffled. "Hi, Haneul. It's your daddy, Mark Lee," the older spoke first as he stared down at the stone. Hearing Mark speak made Dongmin move his head from Donghyuck's neck and look at his surroundings quietly. "We miss you, Haneul," Donghyuck's voice cracked before looking down at the toddler in his hold. "Look at your brother. Didn't he get bigger from the last time you saw him in my tummy," Donghyuck lightheartedly spoke, though tears kept falling.

Dongmin tilted his head in confusion. He wanted to know who his parents were talking to if they were not talking to each other. He tapped Donghyuck's shoulder, "Papa twalk who?" Donghyuck gave his son a sad smile as he wiped his eyes, but no words came out. Mark pulled their son from Donghyuck's grasp to hold him so that the younger could collect himself for a second. The red haired male took a deep breath. He was not going to break down into sobs, but his eyes did well up every time he looked down at Haneul's tomb.

"We're talking to your sister," Donghyuck cleared his throat when his voice cracked. Dongmin's head was still tilted and then looked up at Mark. "Swisher?" Dongmin repeated which made both Mark and Donghyuck chuckle. "Swisher where swisher?" Dongmin asked, looking around for his so called sister that his papa said he had but he did not see anyone else there. "No swee," Dongmin pouted as Donghyuck leaned over to kiss his son's cheek before pointing up at the sky. "She's up there," Donghyuck said with a small smile, Dongmin looked up at the sky with squinted eyes.