Chapter 9

[Montmartre Residence, Monoceros Keep, Foranea 4:09 AM, 22nd of Umbral-Tide/Darktide, Year 426]

22nd of Umbral-Tide/Darktide, Year 426]

Elder Karola Danilovskaya-Montmartre heard some threshold from the outside which it seemed to be some rustling of leaves and grass. She had trouble sleeping and opened her eyes. She moved her head to and fro which she felt hesistant to confront anything or anyone who tried to intrude the house. The elderly blonde Akrovian-Foranean woman stood up, took her bathrobe, and cane which she decided to check everything within the house. Just then, she heard a loud knock on the door from downstairs and left her room.

Karola headed the hallway and looked at the bedrooms, finding out where the sudden noise came from. She meekly searched for it and thought of knocking at her other two younger children, but they would be bothered to see their mother awake. Instead, she decided to seek her two carers and knocked on Ilyana's room.

Suddenly, an older blonde woman with disheveled straight locks appeared to her and opened the door. She frowned, stared at the elderly woman, and gained her senses.

" Karola, chto proiskhodit? Pochemu ne spish'? (Karola, what's going on? Why are you awake?) " Ilyana asked.

" Vy byli na ulitse i stuchali v dver'? (Have you been outside and knocking on the door?) " Karola replied.

Ilyana cocked her eyebrows in doubt and became clueless on what the elderly woman had said. She scratched her head and said, " Pri vsem uvazhenii, lishnikh zvukov ya ne proizvodil. Vse, chto ya mogu skazat', eto mozhet byt' plod tvoyego voobrazheniya ili posledstviya tvoyego koshmara. YA by posovetoval otospat'sya, Karola. (With all due respect, I have not made any unnecessary noises. All I can say is it might be from your imagination or an aftermath of your nightmare. I would suggest to sleep it off, Karola.) "

" Vyspat'sya? YA ne mogu spat'! (Sleep it off? I can't sleep!) "

" Izvinite, ya khochu pomoch' vam, no nam nuzhno sdelat' eto pozzhe utrom. Khoroshego otdykha, Karola. (I'm sorry, I wish to help you, but we need to do this later in the morning. Have a good rest, Karola.) "

Karola heavily sighed and saw the door was shut when Ilyana headed herself to bed again. She looked around and heard the same knocking on the door from downstairs. She was contemplating to open it, turning to Monika's room, and knocking her door. A younger brunette woman opened the door as she looked very grumpy.

" Ty ne mozhesh' prosto poyti pospat'? YA dumal, doktor Amnon uzhe lechil tebya? Ne govori mne...(Can't you just go to sleep? I thought Doctor Amnon treated you already? Don't tell me...) " Monika sternly spoke.

" Net, eto ne svyazano s moyey bolezn'yu. YA uslyshal shum, a zatem stuk v dver'. (No, this is not something to do with my illness. I have heard a noise and then the door knocking.) "