Chapter 14

[Montmartre Residence, Monoceros Keep, Foranea 2:05 PM,
25th of Umbral-Tide/Darktide, Year 426]

After the conversation and snacks with the Aldernian Detective, Dr. Amnon Montmartre spent brushing his teeth at the bathroom and looking at the mirror. He had changed his clothes and finished his shower. Just then, he noticed a strange wobbling on the mirror and heard some muffled voice. He widened his eyes. An image appeared from within the mirror of an elf with silver eyes and long white locks.

" Good afternoon, Amnon. I see you haven't adjusted from an elf talking through a mirror, " Christopher chuckled.

The general practitioner had water and toothpaste in his mouth and signed," I'll be in a minute, Christopher. I need to spit out the water. " He stepped at the bathtub, spit the water, and wiped his mouth with his towel. " Anyways, what brings you here? "

" My family was heading into town, but we've diverted our plans for the time being, since the recent attacks in town is concerning." Christopher said. " Has your afternoon been pleasant?"

" I have just met my old friend, Shemlock Homes, " Amnon sighed. " Now, my old life in Odyssea Academy has returned thanks to him. "

" Can never outrun your past, when you turn around and face it, Amnon, " Christopher commented." And I know Valeera shares the same sympathy."

" Well, he decided to live with me for some time since he's working with the police to solve the recent crime cases, " he replied. " More like he's going to find out who are those mad men running around. "

" There's a little info from my book, Amnon, about one of the attackers is dark elves. And they've arisen after many years in the shadows. They are likely in the same groups ranks."

" Dark Elves?! " Amnon repeated his friend's word and recalled his pre-med Odyssea days. " Do they have the ability to make their victims disappear? "

" They're armed in the capabilities of magic on doing so, and two are twins, Salem and Agatha, the first was a friend of mine about one hundred years ago before they're exiled from the wolves. "

" So, their magic abilities came from their own life source aside from the Umbral force, " the doctor surmised and placed his toothbrush down.

" Weaving the arts of dark magic is the talent they taught to their clan mates, and we don't consider them Dread Wolves no more. They're the Raven Claw." Christopher said.

" If only I can encounter with them physically for diagnosis and eventually to revert them for who they were before. I know the Holy Water cannot suffice this kind of treatment, unless we need to find their weakness., " Amnon explained." I'm afraid using Umbral magic have negative and long-term side effects. Did anyone from my grandparents or my even ancestors tried to cure them? "

" Certainly they tried, your great ancestors were able to defeat them, although they have returned in greater strength, for the darkness has changed them, " Christopher shook his head." Salem was once pure, but her sister Agatha had corrupted her."

" Why is that? "

" Between the twins, Salem wasn't as ambient like her sister is, as Agatha craved for knowledge to leap her self across the likes of Kintor and myself." Christopher paused for a moment, and sighed." She manipulated her sister with whispers to help their parents recover from their illness, from what Agatha did...was using a human to sacrifice to gain favor of a demon, and Salem was right behind her sister, so we sprung into action, and put a swift end to it...sadly we couldn't save the human and Agatha was granted power of the void. with Salem being swept into it's grasp. the twins we're no longer the friends we knew."