Chapter 40

[Monoceros Keep General Hospital's Second Floor: 17th of Before Witching, 6:25 AM]

A red haired and bearded man in his forties was finished packing-up his things which he smiled and readied himself to be discharged. He picked up his suitcase and signed a clearance waiver from the nurse who was waiting for him. It was a mute female orc in dark prussian blue scrubs who was patiently standing near the doorway.

" All set, Monsieur Laflamme? " she asked in sign language and gave him a curious look.

Nodding understandingly to the nurse, The fire Spitter smiled to her, " I'm all set, mademoiselle, and how're things around in the office and the hospital today? "

" Everything's well, monsieur.  Docteur Pascale has asked me to give you your perscription and clinical abstract, " she replied and handed him some paperwork and some bottle of medications. " He's out of town for his Pre-Candlemas vacation with his family. Just follow the instructions for your daily perscription. "

Vakama noticed another man in a wheelchair being pushed by an elven ranger

Vakama noticed another man in a wheelchair being pushed by an elven ranger. They were walking along with a blonde woman around the hallway. The man was talking in Chergari with his wife and escort. His whole body was covered in bandages. He was wearing a hospital patient dress and a robe.

" I was looking forward to having a long conversation, although maybe other interests will pop up, " Vakama replied and looked at the covered stranger on a wheelchair." The incidents are getting worse lately? "

" Oui, I guess so. You may ask the Chergarian patient here, " she signed.

" He wouldn't be bothered, if I were to ask? " Vakama turned to him and looked back to the nurse." If he doesn't mind that is."

" I think they are. "

The burned patient, Chirox Friedrich turned to the crimson haired man and then to his wife and aide.

" Jérémie, Angela. Ich schätze, ich muss mit dem rothaarigen Mann da drüben reden. (Jérémie, Angela. I guess I need to talk to that red haired man over there.) " Chirox spoke to his companions.

" Ich sitze einfach an der Bank und warte auf dich, Chi. (I'll just sit at the bench and wait for you, Chi.) " Angela said and sat on the nearest bench within the hallway where she could listen and watch her husband and his aide.

" Sprechen Sie also mit einem anderen Patienten, Herr Chirox? Ich schließe mich Ihnen an und höre Ihnen zu. (So, you'll talk to another patient, Herr Chirox? I'm joining and listening with you.) " Jérémie the Foranean ranger elf spoke in Chergari.

" Ja, danke, Jérémie, Angela, " the burned patient smiled at his two companions and turned to Vakama. " Guten morgen, mein Herr. (Good morning, sir.) I think you need to someone to talk to, ja? "