~Chapter Fifteen~

Narrator's POV

'
'
'

"Mr Kristnov, where were you on the night of the 15th?"

Rosalie and Christian were currently sat in interview room 6, with a suspect under the name of Mano Kristnov, a man who was brought to the police's attention after he was found snooping around the crime scene that was still going under investigation.

"I don't know why I am here, but I have nothing to do with what you may think I do."

His words were sharp. His body faced away from the table, one leg crossed over the other as his arms crossed over his chest.

"Listen, we just have some questions to ask you. If you comply, you can be out of here within the hour." Rosalie responds calmly, taking in the man's posture and actions.

He seemed closed in, reluctant to answer any questions. Rosalie let out a small sigh and intwined her hands which lay on the paper full of questions.

"Where were you on the night of the 15th?" Her face was poker straight, she was willing to play the long game, no matter what it took.

"I've told you, whatever you're trying to rope me into, it has nothing, to do, with me." His voice became irritated, his hand forming into a fist as his leg bounced continuously.

"A girl under the name of Allie Jenkins ring a bell for you?" Christian propped up the question, pulling a laminated picture from the case file, alongside a clearer picture that they had gathered from Allie's parents.

"Never seen her in my life." He shook his head slowly, his face turning grimace, as his fingers drummed restlessly on the table.

"Maybe if you take a look, you might find a different answer, Mr Kristnov." Christian rested his arms on the table, leaning his body forward in act to intimidate the suspect.

The sweat beads slowly built up on the suspects forehead, Rosalie took a few notes on how he acted. He dug the tips of his fingernails into the palm of his hands, she could see how he shook slightly, indicating the bouncing of his leg.

He was nervous, he didn't succeed in hiding that from the detectives.

"The faster we can get to the bottom of this, the less time we all need to spend in here. I can think of better things to do with my time, but if I need to stay here with you until dawn, then so be it."

Rosalie bargained the time with the suspect, watching as he avoided any more eye contact between them and the picture of Allie.

"I- I was at a party downtown, there was hundreds of people there. I was with my buddy Sam. He can vouch I was there." Mano smiled and relaxed his body against his seat.

"Does Sam have a surname?" Rosalie asked in an obvious but professional tone.

"His full name is Samuel Thomas. We both went there and left together."

"And you left with Mr Thomas? So he can back up that statement?"

Mano stuttered for a moment, before sighing.

"No. We left separately."

"And how can we believe your word, that you left straight from the party directly to your home?"

"You can check the satnav in my car. It has all my journeys backed up monthly."

Rosalie stood up from her chair quickly, making the legs scrape against the floor.

"Does this mean I can leave?" Mano asked eagerly, standing from his own chair.

"You will need to be held in the station until we gather the information we need."