~Chapter Thirty Two~

Narrator's POV

'
'
'

After a long few peaceful days, Rosalie and Christian had fallen into a routine of Rosalie going to work for a few hours to do paperwork in the Precinct, and returning home to help Christian tolerate the annoyances from Ryan, they thought today was going to be like any other.

Although when Christian made his move to answer the knocking door to get away from Ryan, thinking Rosalie had forgotten her keys again, he was sorely mistaken, being greeted with one of his past nightmares.

"I told you five minutes ago to take your key- Mom? Dad?"

Ryan's eyes widened as he paused mid-fistful into his mouth of popcorn, turning to find out it wasn't a joke. They were really here.

"My boy. You look so grown up." Carol, Christian's Mother, teared up at the first sight of her son, whom she hadn't seen over ten long painful years.

"Hello, Son." Christian's jaw clenced at the sound of his Father, John's voice, the haunting dark nightmares relighting in his memory.

"What are you both doing here?" Ryan watched from afar, his jaw clenching in almost as much anger has Christian's was.

If it wasn't for his quick reflexes, he was sure Christian was about to fall, but nonetheless, helped him find his stance and stood behind him for support.

"Oh, Ryan. It's good to see you." John offered his hand, to which Ryan blatently declined. "Kind of got my hands full with your wounded son here."

Christian rolled his eyes at his smart remarks and generously leaned on Ryan for steadiness. "What happened to you?"

It was now Ryan's turn to roll his eyes at the sound of what seemed to him, fake concern. "Got shot. Why are you here?"

Ryan wanted to laugh at Christian's bluntness, but he knew it wasn't right timing.

"We heard what happened, we were worried about you, Son." Carol took a step closer, earning a warning glare from Christian.

"You have no fucking right to care now, neither of you do." Ryan patted Christian's side in a suttle warning for him to calm down, knowing it wasn't the best for his condition.

"Especially you..." Christian's eyes softened slightly as he looked at his Mother, the despair he felt, deepening by every passing second.

"Christian, don't speak to your Mother that way." Christian chuckled humourly, clapping his hands together. "And who the fuck are you to tell me what to do, John?"

John took a small step closer, but one hand on his shoulder from Carol stopped him in his tracks.

"So I'll ask again. Why the fuck are either of you here?" Christian's anger was clearly evident in his eyes, if his clenched fists didn't already give that hint away.

A small creak of the front door stole everyone's attention, as Rosalie blindly walked in, not noticing the unfamiliar car parked outside as she entered.

"I forgot my- oh.." Rosalie analysed the situation she walked into, recognising Christian's parent's almost instantly, she could feel the tension thick in the air.

"No need for formalities, they were just leaving." Christian kept his eyes pinned on his Father's, the small smirk that etched at his lips was just enough to piss Christian off.

"We still need to talk, Son." Christian laughed scarcastically again, his teeth unable to refrain from snaring at John.

"I never was, and never will be, a Son, to a pathetic excuse of a man like you. Get out of my god damn house!"