Chapter 7

After being done with her morning routine, Yoona got downstairs and headed to the kitchen, from where, just as usual a mouth-watering smell was coming. Jungkook's broad back welcomed her as he was still stirring something in the oven.

"What are you doing, Kookie?" she asked, hugging him from behind but he flinched and squirmed out of her hands.

"Don't get near me cupcake, I have a flu and I don't want to pass it to you" he mumbled, and Yoona got to the table with a pout.

"Did you drink any medicine at least?" she asked, and he nodded without looking at her.

"And I'm making this porridge for me too, but if you want I can give you a bowl as well, I know you love my porridge" Jungkook said, and Yoona could hear him chuckling softly.

"So full of yourself, huh? Just give me a bowl without talking too much" Yoona grumbled, and immediately a bowl of hot porridge was placed right in front of her.

"Bon appetit, madam" he grinned and then sat as far as he could from her.

"It would be better if you didn't come to uni today" Yoona said, only for him to shake his head no.

Right that moment, he sneezed loudly, and for a moment Yoona thought the house would break down from the huge force.

"Stay home" she growled and Jungkook nodded like a sad puppy.

After she was done with her breakfast, she dressed up for uni, bid her goodbye to Jungkook and got out.

As she was going down the stairs of her apartment building, she heard a few low barks and in no time, a furry little friend was running around her feet. She looked down to see a cute little pomeranian dog barking happily at her sight. She picked it up and started playing with the cute puppy which wasted no time to lick her face.

"Oh my god, Yeontan, I'm so sorry if he disturbed you" Yoona heard someone apologize and as she turned her head she saw Taehyung running towards her.

"It's not a problem, is this cutie your dog?" she asked, patting the cute puppy on its head.

"Umm yes, and I just wanted to ask, did you put some kind of spell on him?" Taehyung asked, tilting his head.

"And why would you think that?" Yoona asked back, tilting her head, mirroring Taehyung's movement.

"Apart from me, he doesn't like any other human being, not even my friends who constantly come over and it's the first time I've seen him run to someone, especially a stranger and happily play with them like this" he shrugged, trying to understand what his cute little dog was playing at.

"Well, animals in general love me. I'm in great terms with dogs, cats, birds, hamsters, even hedgedogs" she shrugged.

Taehyung's eyes widened.

"No need to be surprised, there's this friend of mine who has a hedgehog and that little grumpy friend also likes me. If you need, you can ask me anytime to look after this cutie, I'd love to do so" Yoona said, looking at Taehyung as she motioned the little puppy to go to its owner.

"Of course, whenever I'm not home I'll ask you to take care of him" Taehyung smiled brightly, taking the little puppy in his hands.

"Now I'll have to go, or else I'll be late for uni. Bye bye Taehyung and Yeontan" Yoona smiled brightly as she waved at them and left.

Isn't it weird how Taehyung has been my neighbor for years but I've started talking to him just now?

Yoona shrugged off that thought as she walked to her meeting place with Yeji, other thoughts flooding her mind, like that bastard who followed her around last night.

I wonder if he had the audacity to sue me or not...

Two hands covering her eyes from behind pulled her out of her thoughts and just by the familiar perfume, she recognized her best friend, Yeji.

"Hello honey"

"Hi hun" they both said, hugging each other tightly.

And then Yeji flicked Yoona's forehead.

"Oww, what was that for?" Yoona groaned, rubbing her now red forehead.

"That's what you get for ignoring my spam of messages last night. I was losing my mind and my best friend didn't even care" Yeji grumbled, crossing her hands and pouting.

"Well, as we can both see, you still haven't lost it so we're all good. What did you talk about with my older bro?" Yoona shrugged, expecting Yeji to give her phone to her.

"Well, pretty much random things. He asked me what department was I planning to choose in the third year and when I told him that I'd choose the dance department, he said I had a very promising future as a professional dancer. He also said that he hoped that in the future, we could dance in the same stage, in front of the eyes of the whole world" Yeji said, and then she clasped her hands together, eyeing dreamily at nothing in particular as she imagined the romantic moment.

"Will I be in that very stage with you two?" Yoona asked with a raised brow.

"No. Only the two of us" Yeji said, not getting out of her dream yet.

"Oooh, when's the wedding? Looks like I'm not the bridesmaid, since you don't even imagine me as a part of your most important moment in life" Yoona grumbled, crossing her hands.

Yeji finally got out of her dream and sighed.

"Ugh come on, do you seriously think you won't be my bridesmaid just because I didn't imagine you as a part of a romantic moment between me and your brother? Stop with this stupid thing, it's awkward" Yeji grumbled and slapped her cheeks in embarrassment, making Yoona chuckle.

"Okay okay, I'll shut up. But you didn't deny the fact there's a wedding though" Yoona said, while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Ughhh, change the topic pleaseeeee" Yeji screamed, making the people walking by look at them weirdly.

"Okay then. I'm changing it.You know how I sometimes go for a walk really late at night" Yoona started her story.

"Yea, and I always tell you how much of a stupid thing that is. What if you run into a perv and then I don't even want to imagine what happens?" Yeji frowned.

"That's exactly what happened" Yoona said, not looking at her.

"WHAT?" Yeji screamed, making the people walking by look at them weirdly again.

"Well, there was this guy who was following me. I lead him to a dead end alley, sprayed pepper spray all over his face and then beat him up" Yoona said nonchalantly, as if it was the most normal thing to do.

"No comment" Yeji said, astonished.

"After I beat him up, I just went home" Yoona shrugged.

"Didn't you see his face?" Yeji asked curiously.

"No, I didn't. He was wearing some kind of mask or scarf and it was really dark, I couldn't tell. But there's something that's been bothering me since last night" Yoona frowned.

"When I sprayed him with pepper spray in the face, he groaned. Even though it was pretty muffled and low...

...it sounded familiar"