Chapter 44

( A/N: I'm back!!!!!!)

"And one! And two! And three and four!" Hoseok happily clapped, watching in delight Yoona's boyfriend, or his new friend, Taehyung follow the steps he had taught him. The guy didn't really have much experience in dancing, but he was fit and learned fast. All Hoseok could have ever needed to make the boy dance.

Yoona watched silently in the side, the previous events of the day still haunting her, but she felt a slight bit better. Hanging out with two people who weren't directly involved in her biggest problems of her life and who genuinely made her feel happy, comforted and loved helped her calm down almost immediately, and gave her new energy to live through at least one day more.

"I deeply respect you guys, just how amazing your footwork is" Taehyung said in awe, admiring how effortlessly Hoseok and Yoona danced and moved their feet across the ground.

"And I deeply respect you for the way you control your facial expressions. I truly believed I had hurt you when I accidentally stepped on your foot. If it weren't for Yoona bursting out laughing and telling me you were just playing, I'd have felt so bad" Hoseok said, making a huge boxy smile appear on Taehyung's face upon hearing the compliment.

"I'm happy I got to meet you, Hoseok. By far, you're my favorite out of all Yoona's friends I know" Taehyung said with a smile, and Yoona directly felt like it was a jab from him about Yeji. He had told her many times how he didn't really like the girl's aura.

"I'm also happy I got to meet you, Taehyung. Yoona here has mentioned you a lot and I was really curious to know the guy she's currently dating. It's true we haven't been friends for long, but I value our friendship and I care for her wellbeing. Don't hurt her" Hoseok said, voice dropping an octave lower and face going serious at the last sentence. Taehyung visibly shivered, while Yoona burst out laughing.

"Tae, you wouldn't want to see Hoseokie mad, so I highly suggest you follow his order. And we can start by buying me ice cream, if you don't, then I'll feel hurt and Hoseokie wouldn't be happy" Yoona said with a toothy grin, making Hoseok chuckle while Taehyung just sighed. He took out some money and then went to the ice cream parlor nearby.

*time skip

After getting a call from work, Taehyung hugged Hoseok and kissed Yoona goodbye before leaving quickly.

"So, what do you think of Tae?" Yoona asked Hoseok beside her with a brow raised.

"He's a guy you shouldn't let go of. He's a very nice one, trust me. I can see it in his eyes he's fallen hard for you and that he'll treat you like a princess. I almost feel bad about the fact that you just don't love him the same he does" Hoseok sighed sadly.

"Hoseokie, I'm trying, you know? I shouldn't have told him his feelings are mutual when they aren't totally, but I wasn't in a right state of mind in that moment. But now I'm trying to make things right, and I still value him a lot, he truly treats me like a princess already and I feel so good in his presence. I'm spending a lot of time with him so we can both get to know each other, him to fulfill his curiosity, while I learning more about him so I can actually start loving him. You know, he's a very cute and nice guy when you truly get to know him and I'm starting to get fond of that boy. Maybe learning to love him won't be that hard, after all" Yoona said with a sweet smile on her face. Hoseok felt glad, that upon all the chaos going on in her life, she was finding a bit of happiness through this nice guy named Taehyung. He felt glad that even when he wasn't around, this young girl had a safe haven for whenever she wasn't okay.

"I'm happy to hear that, Yoona. I'm sorry, but now I have to go, see you later" Hoseok said, hugging the girl tightly and then leaving. Yoona also started walking out of the park they were in, until two blocks away she was met with Taehyung.

"So, tell me, did I pass the vibe check?" Taehyung asked curiously, hoping for a positive answer.

"Yeah, he already has a soft spot for you and told me to keep you for a long time. He truly trusts you even though he just met you" Yoona said with a shrug, grabbing Taehyung's hand and heading home. Obviously, the work call was a lie, just so Taehyung had an excuse to leave earlier and Yoona could get Hoseok's opinion on him.

"Well, what about you, Tae? Did he pass your vibe check?" Yoona asked curiously.

"I said what I had to say back then" Taehyung stated simply, making Yoona smile.

At least he won't be THAT jealous when I hang out with Hoseok...

While chit chatting about the day, they arrived at their apartment building, still hand in hand as they looked at each other with sparkling eyes. Not knowing that someone who wasn't supposed to see them, just did.

"Cupcake?"

"Kookie?"

Author's note

A lighthearted chapter to give our girlie Yoona a break, she's dealing with so much 💩 in her life, and there's more to come. We wouldn't want her to become depressed of it all, would we?

Anyway, that's it from me for now, bye bye👋💜