Chapter 43

Yoona's eyes fluttered open as she attempted to get up from the bed, a pair of muscular arms wrapped around her stopping her from doing so. Jungkook was also sleeping beside her, making the girl smile. Taking her phone out, she couldn't help but notice how puffy her eyes were.

That's what you get for crying yourself to sleep you stupid girl...

Then a text from an unknown number caught her attention.

Unknown number
Hello, Yoongi here
This is my number Yoona
Save it, you'll need it later
I was thinking... can we meet up
today?
There are some things I'd like to
discuss with you

Me
Hello Yoongi
That's fine with me
Text me the address and time

Yoona switched off her phone with a sigh. Honestly, for some reason she wasn't looking forward to meeting up with him, but she didn't want to hurt the boy either. She felt stuck in the middle and she had no idea what to do.

Breakfast first, serious thinking later...

As Yoona was taking Jungkook's arms off her, she felt the boy starting to stir awake slowly.

"Kookie, I'll go make breakfast for us both, so stay here and sleep for a little bit more, okay?" she whispered, and the boy just nodded sleepily.

"Just don't burn the house down" he mumbled in his hoarse morning voice and then drifted off to dreamland. Yoona could only chuckle.

"I'm not going to you dummy" she said, taking her phone with her as she made her way to the kitchen.

She decided to make pancakes, so she took out all the needed ingredients and started making her thing. Watching Jungkook do them countless times had helped as she now knew the process of making pancakes like the back of her hand. She just hoped she could make them as perfect as he did.

Strawberry cake🍰 is calling...

"Hello honey" Yoona greeted Yeji with her soft voice, and she could hear the girl chuckle from the other side of the phone.

'Hello hun. I see you're up already'

"Yep, thought I could make some breakfast before I go out today"

'Girl, it's Sunday. Where are you going?'

Yoona hesitated to respond at first. Since she was meeting Yoongi, she knew Yeji would usher her to get closer to the guy, as the possibility of him being her real brother wasn't small. And if she told her that, she also had to tell the girl that the DNA test results showed that Jungkook wasn't her biological brother. But it was better to tell her now than have her find out herself later.

"I'll meet up with Yoongi, he wanted to talk about something"

'I see... Wait a min girl, I just remembered about the DNA test results, what do they say?'

"Jungkook is not my biological brother" Yoona said, sighing heavily as she flipped the pancake on the pan to its other side. She heard very weird squeaks from the other side of the phone though, which weirded her out.

'Congratulations girl, I'm so happy for you! Now go and meet up with Yoongi, and talk to him about doing a DNA test with him. You need to find out as soon as possible if he is your real brother or not'

"Uhh... Isn't this way too fast Yeji? It still hasn't downed on me that Jungkook isn't my real brother, and I don't feel ready to find a new family... why are you ushering me so much?" Yoona mumbled, tears forming in her eyes.

'GIRL, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! YOU WANNA STAY WITH THAT ABUSIVE BASTARD? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT I WENT THROUGH BECAUSE OF HIM? AND NOW YOU SAY YOU'RE NOT READY TO LEAVE HIM?! DOES OUR FRIENDSHIP MEAN NOTHING TO YOU AT ALL?!'

"I didn't mean it like that honey, of course I value our friendship and I love you, what you went through is something unimaginable. Don't worry, I'll meet up with Yoongi and talk to him about the test. Okay?" Yoona said, swallowing her tears as she tried hard not to let it show in her voice she was crying. She didn't want to anger Yeji more.

'Okay hun, I'll get going now. Eat your breakfast and go meet Yoongi. Fill me in on everything later'

"Bye bye honey" Yoona said, and then hung up the phone as she went to full on sobbing now. The amount of pressure she felt was terrifying, and she didn't know whether to make her angry best friend happy, or keep her own happiness with her brother she loved and cherished so much.

Amidst all the situation, the pancakes were done, and she was surprised to see how good they had turned out. Her heart felt a little bit lighter as she thought that maybe, just maybe, even if she wouldn't be able to stay with her dear brother in the future, a part of him would stay with her through those pancakes.

She dried her tears up until she made sure the fact she had cried wasn't visible in her face, before she went to wake up Jungkook.

*time skip to the meeting with Yoongi

"Hello Yoongi" Yoona greeted him with a tight smile when she noticed how happy the boy was upon seeing her.

"Hello Yoona" he gave her his gummy smile, offering her to sit down as a cup of vanilla milkshake stood in front of her.

"How'd you know my favorite drink? And how did you get my number?" Yoona asked, sounding less colder than she intended to.

"Yeji told me some things about you, like your favorite food, drink, color and so on. She also gave me your number, but please don't get mad at her, I asked her for all of that" Yoongi hastily said.

And she could have refused to give you that information, but she didn't...

"It's okay. What did you want to talk about?" Yoona asked with a smile, the boy in front of her not being able to tell it was fake.

"You already know that I'm almost sure you're my lost sister. I wanted to make a DNA test with you to confirm my suspicions, if that's okay with you" he simply said, and his facial expression let her know he wasn't joking.

Yoona sighed as she nodded helplessly, knowing that if she refused the DNA test, Yoongi would nag her until she finally accepted it, and also Yeji would yell at her again if she did that. She didn't have the energy to deal with her angry best friend.

"Good, can you give me a strand of your hair? I need it for the test" Yoongi asked politely, and Yoona just plucked one out of her head with ease, not really feeling the pain.

"Is it a problem my hair is dyed?" she asked curiously, making Yoongi chuckle.

"Not a problem at all, don't worry about it"

"Okay then, Yoongi, I need to go now, I have things to do" Yoona said as she got up and gave him a quick hug. Yoongi wanted to hold her for longer, but he knew better and let her go.

As Yoona was far away from him, she took out her phone and dialled a number, who picked up in mere seconds.

"Hello Hoseok, can we meet up? I could really let out some stress by dancing. Is it a problem if I bring my boyfriend with me? You know, the guy I've talked to you about" she said, already making her way to the park where she always met the guy as she also typed in her phone a text to Taehyung.

'Sure girl, I'm dying to finally meet him. We're going to have so much fun today!'

Hoseok's response made her smile truly, making her thankful that she had a happy pill like him in her life.

And maybe, she liked Hoseok's company better than Yeji's.