Chapter 30

After cuddling Taehyung for about two hours, Yoona was finally able to calm down. And she was ready to face Jungkook, without giving away the fact she knew she was adopted.

It didn't change much for her though. Despite not having the same blood in their veins, Jungkook was and forever will be her older brother, the light guiding her out of her darkness, her protector, her smile, her reason of happiness. No DNA could change that.

"Tae, I'll get going now, Kook will get worried about me" Yoona said, getting out of his warm hug despite not wanting to do so deep inside her.

"Okay then, tell me if you need someone to talk to, I'm always here" Taehyung said with a soft smile, patting her head tenderly before she went out.

*time skip

"Finally someone decided to show up" Jungkook said with an ironic smile, opening his arms wide as he had missed his sister.

"Sorry, got something to deal with and time flew by without realizing,I didn't mean to make you worry" Yoona shrugged tiredly, hugging Jungkook tightly.

While she was in his arms, she totally forgot about the fact that he maybe wasn't her real brother. His arms hit home, and nothing else in the world mattered as long as those arms were wrapped around her, giving her the warmth which helped keep her going.

"Let's go and eat dinner now, I've been waiting for you so we could eat together" Jungkook smiled sweetly, making Yoona melt. How come she didn't want to see her lovely brother just hours ago, over some stupid stuff?

"So, how's it going between you and Yeji?" Yoona said, eating her food happily, the conversation with Namjoon long forgotten.

"Good until now, she's the sweetest girl I could ever find. I'm happy I'm with her and she brings out a better version of me whenever we're together" Jungkook said, a dreamy smile on his face.

"Are you sure about that?" Yoona raised a brow.

"What do you mean?" he frowned.

"If she brings a better version of you, then why the heck did you beat someone up right in front of her you fool? The girl is shaken" Yoona stared at him in disbelief.

"If this is what you think is a better version of yourself, I don't want to see your best Kookie" Yoona mumbled, looking down.

"How did you know?" Jungkook mumbled, defeated.

"I'm not stupid Kookie. I saw your bruised knuckles, I can see Yeji's frown and I know how to put two and two together. I thought you had changed" Yoona sighed.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it. When he did that, I couldn't help but only see red. I tried so hard to hold myself back, but I just wasn't able to" Jungkook said, running his hand through his hair in a frustrated manner.

"The fact Yeji was there wasn't enough to hold you back?" Yoona whispered, shocked.

"Looks like not" he mumbled, eyes getting teary as Yoona hurried to hug him.

"Kookie, you do know that despite your terrible anger issues, you never beat up anyone in front of me, right?"

"I do"

"And what does it mean if you were able to beat someone up in front of her?"

Silence.

"Can we please stop talking about this? Please cupcake" Jungkook pleaded, tightening his hold around her arms.

"Okay Kookie, I'm just worried. I don't want either of you two hurt" Yoona said with a sigh.

When she got no response, she just grabbed his hand and dragged him to his bedroom.

"Just go to sleep" she said softly, tucking him inside the sheets.

"What about you?" he cutely asked, like a child asking his mother how long will she take before telling him a bedtime story.

"I'll be here soon, okay?" Yoona smiled, making him nod.

Yoona turned her back on Jungkook and went out of the room with silent steps, a single destination in her mind. The storage room. If there were any documents regarding her possible adoption, it would surely be there.

Pushing the door open, layers and layers of dust warmly welcomed her, making her sneeze before she closed the door behind her, not wanting any noise to reach her older brother who was sleeping.

*time skip to two hours later

After tireless searching through the old dusty things in there, Yoona gave up. She had turned the whole room upside down, but there were no documents in there which could satisfy Namjoon's suspicions.

Getting out of there, she sighed. She could search through the house for any kind of document, but honestly, she was sleepy at the moment and just wanted to lay down, getting that much needed sleep after the tiring day.

Yoona went to her shared bed with Jungkook and tucked herself inside the blanket, wrapping Jungkook's arms around her body. And then she slowly drifted off to dreamland.

Meanwhile, Yeji had been in her bed for a long time, but wasn't able to sleep.

Scenes of Jungkook and his bleeding knuckles flashed through her mind. The look in his eyes scared her, despite the fact he vowed to never look at her like that. She could never know, maybe right that moment he could knock at her door and then choke her with his bare hands.

Easy there, Yeji. You took it a little bit far with that...

Her ridiculous thought made her chuckle, but the sound of knocking on her bedroom door made her freeze.

Did he actually come here?

WHAT DO I DO?

With wobbly legs, Yeji got up and went to the door, opening it wide only to be greeted by the sight of her mother with a cup of tea on her hands.

You got me there mom...

"I figured you wouldn't be sleeping, so I made you some tea. Drink it and try to sleep, I bet it would be of help" her mother smiled sweetly, and then Yeji drank the whole thing in one gulp.

"Can we sleep together tonight, mom?"

"Of course honey"