Chapter 34

"Jungkook, you're hurting me! Let go!" Yeji said, but the boy didn't let her go. Instead, he kept dragging her harshly, earning a few worried looks from the people passing by.

Once they reached her home, he pushed the door open strongly and entered with her behind him. Yeji thanked heavens for the fact her mom wasn't home.

"May I know what is going on?" Jungkook asked, hands crossed in front of his chest and eyebrow raised with narrowed eyes.

"Nothing, Kookie" she whispered, looking down.

"THEN WHY THE HECK DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU'RE MEETING THAT SCUM BAG?! ESPECIALLY ALONE WITH HIM!" Jungkook screamed, face red from anger. Yeji could practically see smoke come out of his head.

"Because I knew you'd react like this for a simple meeting between me and my professor..." Yeji trailed off, angering Jungkook even more.

"NOT WHEN THAT PRICK HAS HIS EYES ON YOU!" Jungkook screamed again, hitting the wall near him out of anger. His bandaged knuckles throbbed with pain, and blood stained the white bandages again.

"He doesn't have his eyes on me Kookie, he has no idea about this matter, actually we met because he wanted to ask me what wrong has he done towards us and apologized without even knowing for what" Yeji tried reasoning with Jungkook, but he was gone, way too far away.

"AND YOU BELIEVED HIM? HE'S JUST LYING TO YOU AND YOU FELL RIGHT INTO HIS TRAP!" Jungkook screamed, shaking her shoulders roughly.

"Wake up, princess, can't you see? He's using you and you're not even aware, he even made you lie me, for him! Open your eyes" he whispered, eyes filled with tears.

"He's not lying to me Jungkook! It's just you who's being extra paranoid and jealous! I'm tired of your stupid and baseless jealousy over every single boy who's within a mile radius from me, even when they're not even throwing a glance at me! At first I found it sweet, thinking that you just liked me so much you couldn't help worrying about me, but now it's just too much" Yeji said, not even noticing Jungkook going ballistic while she spoke with her eyes closed.

"SO YOU'RE TIRED OF ME, HUH! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO LIKED ME FIRST AND NOW YOU'RE PLAYING THIS DIRTY?! HOW DARE YOU!" he screamed and then he made something which he truly was going to regret later.

He slapped Yeji.

Her head swung to the right and she clasped her sore cheek, where five fingers were visible. To say the girl was shocked is an understatement.

Flashbacks to her father slapping her mother right in front of her flashed through her mind, paining her. She felt like she was her mother, and the fact that she was right in the house where it all happened wasn't helping. Whenever it happened, her dear brother Hyunjin would come to her and hug her tightly to make her feel better, but now he wasn't anymore.

Who's gonna hug me now?

She plopped on the couch, tears sliding down her cheeks as she wasn't thinking straight anymore. In Jungkook's angry eyes she found her dad, her traumatic past that she hadn't been able to forget even after her mother divorced her father.

She was so out of it that the sound of banging on the door only reached Jungkook's ears, snapping him out of his trance as he went to open the door.
Only to find Yoona.

She was surprised to find the boy by Yeji's door, and his red face and disheveled hair said a lot to her. Worried, she pushed past him and ran inside, only to find a teary eyed Yeji.

Also noticing the signs of fingers in her left cheek, Yoona was able to put two and two together and turned dangerously slow to look at her older brother.

"What did you do?" she whispered, while Jungkook wasn't truly able to decipher the emotions her eyes were expressing.

"I... " Jungkook trailed off, suddenly feeling scared of his sister.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO, JEON JUNGKOOK?" Yoona screamed at the top of her lungs, making the boy flinch.

"I slapped her..." he trailed off, looking down.

Silence.

It was so silent Jungkook could hear his breathing, Yoona's breathing, and Yeji's silent sobs. Raising his head, he looked at Yoona's widened eyes. The girl was frozen in her place.

Than she raised her hand, pointing at the door with her index finger.

"Out" she mumbled, hate and venom laced in her voice, freezing Jungkook in his place. Yoona never spoke to him like that.

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!" Yoona screamed at the top of her lungs, tears streaming down her cheeks but Jungkook knew better than to go to her and wipe them off.

He scrambled off, not daring to stay even a millisecond more inside that house, or else he knew Yoona would say things she would regret later. He didn't want his bond with his sister to break just like that.

After he left, Yoona hurried at Yeji's side, hugging the traumatized girl and rocking her back and forth, whispering soothing words in her ears to calm her down and get her out of her trance.

*time skip to hours later

Yoona slapped her cheeks lightly, not liking how puffy her eyes felt. After hours and hours of consoling her traumatized and heartbroken best friend, it was truly hard for her to hold herself back from crying, and she wasn't ready to face her older brother just yet.

So she knocked on the door where she knew she'd find the comfort she needed.

"Yoona?" the person on the other side asked, surprised to see the girl knocking on his door when it was night outside.

"I know it's late Tae, but I really need a hug right now. Can you please?" she whispered, tears already sliding down her cheeks.

"Come here"