Chapter 16

"We're together"

Yoona tried to hold her squeal in as she heard the words coming out of Jungkook and Yeji's mouths. They were holding hands and the brightest smiles decorated their faces.

"How did it happen? Did I help the process?" Yoona asked, her toothy grin reaching her ears.

"Well, it did. Jungkook asked me whether it was true I had a crush on him and after I confirmed it, he admitted to have a liking on me too. So, now we are a thing" Yeji said, bouncing happily as she hugged Yoona once again.

"Well, as you can see, she's too excited for this, but we plan to take it slow. We'll go on dates first, get to know each other well, and then..." Jungkook trailed off with a smirk.

"I hope you haven't done any naughty thing while locked up in the gym" Yoona said.

"What?! No!" Yeji immediately yelled, cheeks beet red as she clasped Yoona's mouth before she could say any other word, immediately removing it three seconds later as Yoona licked her hand.

"Eww, gross" Jungkook cringed.

Yoona glanced at her wrist watch and gasped.

"I'll be late for class"

And that sentence was enough to get them running like their life depended on it.

*time skip to a few minutes later

Yoona huffed, as with a broken arm she couldn't perform the dance moves correctly. The professor and Jimin had suggested her to not try to dance for as long as she had a cast on. They also let her free to roam around the campus during their classes.

That's how she ended up at Yoongi's office and she was lucky enough to find him there. Upon noticing her, he smiled and invited her in, grabbing the guitar in the meantime.

He played a few pieces for Yoona, making her bob her head to the rhythm which engulfed her whole. She swore to herself to come to Yoongi and hear him play every time she had the chance, the man's ability to play heavenly music was just pure magic.

"That piece you played a few days ago, can you play it again for me?" she asked, and a wave of sadness flashed through his eyes, making her worry.

Did I hit a soft spot?

Yoongi started playing, not leaving her time to worry anymore about it. The sadness being long gone from his eyes as he closed them, feeling the music completely. Yoona relaxed to the music as well, her body and mind falling at ease. The song again sounded somewhat familiar, and she again couldn't pinpoint where she had heard it.

She only knew one thing, that song for her hit home.

Yoona opened her eyes for a split second, just in time to witness a lone tear slide down Yoongi's cheek. He hurried to wipe it without knowing she had already seen it.

"Are you okay?" Yoona asked, breaking the silence after Yoongi was done playing. The latter only nodded.

"It's just that... this song brings back painful and old memories. I was reminded of it all while playing it, but I'm okay" Yoongi said, trying to get her away from the topic.

"Forgive me for being extremely rude and nosy, but can you tell me what those memories are? I'm curious" Yoona said, eyes big as she put her chin on her healthy hand.

"This was my younger sister's favorite song" he said, avoiding her eyes.

"And where is she now?"

"Probably in a better place"

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry" she gasped, putting her hand on his shoulder.

"You needn't be. I lost her and both my parents in a car accident when I was six. While my parents' corpses were found, hers never was, and she was only two at the time. I constantly remember her from time to time, and this piece helps me as well. I don't know why I got emotional this time though" he said, and Yoona rubbed his back comfortingly.

"Well, you really remind me of her, you know?" he said after a few seconds, and a bitter smile appeared on his face. Yoona's eyes widened in response.

"She was really young then, but her eyes were just like yours. You are truly alike in even your personalities, that's why every time I meet you, I just tend to be nicer and softer to you than the other students. I know I've already stepped over the boundaries by playing guitar for you like an old friend or brother, but I just can't help it. I'm really sorry if I've made you uncomfortable" he said, bowing slightly at her as a sign of apology.

"You haven't made me uncomfortable at all Yoongi, I'm glad you opened up to me and feel free to do so every time you need it, I'm here for you" she said, giving him a side hug and he calmed down a bit after that.

"Treat me as if I was your younger sister if it helps. Just make sure you don't do that when Jungkook's around" she said with a giggle, and Yoongi nodded like a small child hearing advice from their mom.

Looking at the time on her wrist watch, she gasped, realizing that she had only two minutes left to run to her next class.

"Yoongi, I have to go, take care" she said, and rushed out of the office, stopping her run to close the door gently without knowing that Yoongi was right behind her.

"I didn't ask him for his sister's name..." Yoona wondered aloud, and then the door was closed.

Yoongi chuckled bitterly, blinking back his tears and then to gather a few files. He also had classes to teach, after all.