Chapter 52

"J-jungkook?"

"Yes, cupcake?" a raspy voice responded from the other side.

"It's truly you! Are you okay? How have have you been doing? Where are you?" she whispered, barely keeping herself back from crying.

"Hold up, cupcake, that's too many questions at once. Just know that I'm okay and very well. I missed you too"

Yoona could basically hear him chuckling from the other line, which made her calm down almost instantly. He never chuckled unless the situation was totally okay.

But it wasn't.

"Are you the one who hospitalized Namjoon? If so, why?" she asked him the question which had been gnawing her for days.

"Not gonna lie cupcake, I was the one who did it. And why? Because he's the reason you found out about being adopted, and he's the reason you found your biological brother who's doing his best to keep you away from me"

"But now that you're on the run you're still away from me" Yoona reasoned.

"Him getting injured that badly that he needed to be admitted to the hospital wasn't part of the plan! I only wanted to give him a few punches, is it my fault he didn't take it well?!" Jungkook ranted, making it incredibly hard for Yoona to hold back her laughter.

"Hey, careful what you say, Joon is my friend"

"Fineeeeeee" Jungkook grumbled.

"What are you going to do, Kook?" Yoona asked him.

"I don't know, maybe you can talk to Namjoon and somehow convince him to not press charges at me and then I can come back around" Jungkook answered.

"You really don't know, do you? You're not only wanted by the police for the assault you did to Joon, the police found out you killed our parents and Hyunjin too" Yoona answered calmly, while she could hear Jungkook choking on air from the other side.

"And how are you still talking with me after you found out all that? Aren't you mad at me?" he asked meakly.

"I have no idea myself, but here I am, not being mad at you at all, I don't know either. Right now I'm just worried for you because you're in big trouble" Yoona sighed.

"Don't worry too much, cupcake, I'll figure something out real soon. How I had missed you..." he chuckled, making Yoona furrowed her eyebrows.

"And why did you use the past tense?" she queried.

"Dummy cupcake" he chuckled "you didn't recognize me, huh? Whom did you bump into today at the  convenience store?"

"I knew it! That cologne did smell familiar!" Yoona yelled, totally baffled.

"Do you even know how hard it was to not hug you there? That's why I didn't even look at you, cause I knew once I locked eyes with you, I wouldn't be able to refrain from hugging my dear sister" Jungkook ranted, a hint of sadness evident in his voice.

Just as Yoona was about to respond, a knock in her door cut her off.

"Yoona, are you okay? Who is it?" Yoongi asked.

"It's a friend from uni, Yoongi, I'm coming" the blonde girl yelled.

"Kookie, I have to go now, or else they'll start being suspicious. Love you" she whispered into the phone, hanging up quickly.

Leaving Jungkook with tears on his eyes, totally alone in a telephone booth, with no one to comfort him anymore. He surely missed her. He surely regretted being so reckless with his actions. He so wanted to turn it all back, but he couldn't do anything rather than stretch his black hood more and make his way out of the booth, once again going back to the dark streets and hide from the police.

Yoona quickly made her way to the dining table, and all eyes were on her.

"Who was on the phone, Yoona?" Yeji asked, raising her left eyebrow.

"It was Chaewon from our year, you probably have her in vocal classes. We recently started talking because she's also interested in rap and was asking whether it was possible for Yoongi to arrange her rap classes as well. She just called to remind me to talk to Yoongi. Thankfully she did, it had totally slipped my mind" Yoona said with a grin, and everyone seemed to buy it.

"Makes sense, her whole playlist is filled with only rap songs" Yeji shrugged, going back to eat her food.

I just made it up right now, thankfully this Chaewon girl whom I have only greeted once in the hallway actually happens to like rap...

"Well Yoona, I'm sorry to tell you this but it's the middle of the year now and she can't add anymore classes right now. She'll have to wait until next year, but tell her that unless she gives up one of her current classes, taking five classes all at once for a year is very difficult and tiring" Yoongi added, and Yoona nodded in understanding.

"I'll make sure to tell her, no worries" Yoona smiled.

While they began again eating, Yoongi's phone beeped, indicating that he had a new message sent to him.

Yeji
Yoongi, Yoona is lying
That Chaewon girl she said
She totally hates rap
Rap disgusts her even when she
only listens to it
There's no way she'd suddenly
decide to take rap classes

Me
Okay don't worry
I'll check what's going on

Yoongi raised his head and made eye contact with Yeji from across the table, shooting her a small reassuring smile.

All this without no one else noticing.