Chapter 56

"Yoona heard us" Yoongi mumbled, Namjoon nodding.

"You heard the sobs too, right?" the police officer asked, the other nodded silently.

"Let's let her be, she must be sad" Namjoon sighed, leaning on the couch.

"She shouldn't be" Yoongi grumbled, fire in his eyes.

"I get it that you're jelly jelly, but give her time, she grew up with the guy and they developed a very strong bond with each other. It's not easy for her" Namjoon tried reasoning.

"What do you mean it's not easy for her Joon?! That bastard killed her parents, okay the adoptive ones, but still, the people she knew as parents, he also killed her boyfriend, what do you mean it's not easy for her?! If it were me, I'd have killed him with my own hands" Yoongi grumbled, trying not to yell.

"Just warning, watch your tone and words when you're with me or else I'll sue you for assaulting a police officer. Now, back in topic, I think your thoughts are pretty much biased since you hate the guy since the first second you got to know you're the girl's real brother" Namjoon chuckled.

Yoongi only rolled his eyes.

Meanwhile Yoona was bawling her eyes out in Taehyung's chest, the latter not even knowing why was she crying that much. He was worried, but what could he do? Yoona wasn't the type to open up easily, even if she was crying right in front of him.

"Tae, what am I going to do?" Yoona choked out, the tears and sobs making it difficult for her to speak properly.

"Related to what, love?" he mumbled, running his hand through her hair.

"If he dies, what am I going to do?"

Taehyung sighed, as he knew who was Yoona talking about. There was only one person that Yoona would be scared to utter the name of, even in his presence, since she was scared of being judged so much. He wanted to tell her not to be scared of being judged at least near him, but he just couldn't find the right words to tell her, or just didn't know how she would react.

"Let's just hope he doesn't, my love. Even if he gets caught by the police eventually and is sent to prison, you'll be able to see him everyday, I swear to you, I'll take you  there everyday and not tell anyone else without you wanting me to. Don't worry, okay?" he said softly, trying his best to cheer her up.

"So he'll be okay?" she asked softly, looking up at him with her big teary eyes.

"Of course he will" Taehyung chuckled in his low voice, his chest where Yoona had put her head vibrated upon the sound and it put Yoona more at ease. Taehyung knew pretty well the effect he had in her and how to calm her down and he was proud of himself for that. As for the other part, which was Jungkook's wellbeing, he wasn't sure.

Of course what the guy had done was unimaginable, with having killed three people and managing to hide it perfectly for such a long time, but Yoona's feelings and happiness were priority. If she wanted to keep him near  and still consider him as her brother, he would also comply. That was why ever since Yoongi was proved to be Yoona's real brother, he had tried to keep his distance and not get too close.

What did Yoona even hear related to Jungkook that she reacted this badly? Taehyung thought to himself as he glanced down at the blonde girl laying on his chest. Her soft breaths made him realize she had fallen asleep after crying and crying for such a long time.

Trying not to disturb her slumber, he fumbled to take his phone out of the pocket in the back of his jeans, succeeding after about two minutes. He immediately went to his chat with Namjoon.

Me
Hey Joon, sup?
How are you?
I wanted to ask you smth
Is there any news related to Jungkook?
Yoona just came here crying and
asking me whether Jungkook would
be okay and what would she do if
smth happened to him
Did she happen to overhear smth
she wasn't supposed to hear?

After finishing writing the messages, he left the phone besides him, deciding to play with Yoona's hair until the response came.

And it didn't take long.

Namjoon
Hey Taehyung
I'm fine, and you?
As for what you asked, I think
Yoona overheard me and Yoongi
talking about the possible death
of Jungkook as a corpse which
almost totally fits his description
has been found
We're waiting for the forensics
results as we speak
She probably heard us and didn't
take it well
I'm glad she came to you
Take good care of her and I won't tell
Yoongi about this :)

Glancing at his phone, Taehyung smiled softly. Namjoon was a good guy, and he also knew the situation with Yoongi whenever Jungkook's name was said aloud. Having solved this problem as well for the moment, Taehyung put the phone down and snuggled closer to Yoona, falling asleep.

*time skip

Yoona's eyes fluttered open as the deafening ringtone of Taehyung's phone rang through her ears. The boy beside her didn't seem to be awake as soft snores were still coming out of his mouth and Yoona knew he was a heavy sleeper. His ringtone wasn't enough to wake him up so she extended her hand and grabbed the phone. Looking at the caller ID, she recognized Namjoon's name and immediately answered it.

But before she could say hello, Namjoon beat her to it with the news he had for Taehyung and not for her.

'Taehyung, I have bad news. The corpse found is indeed Jungkook. Jungkook is dead'

Author's note

And bammm, Jungkookie is dead...

What a shock, right?

Sorry not sorry 😁😁😁

I'm not really sure if the next update is gonna be the epilogue or if I'll write one more chapter before I do it, but this book is truly coming to and end (shedding tears🤧)

BUT PLEASE STICK TO THIS STORY UNTIL THE VERY END!!!

That's it from your stupid author-nim for now...

Lots of love, hugs and ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Flowerwork 🌸