Chapter 17

Yoona sipped on her americano as she sat down in a table, the drink's smell putting her at ease. She was all alone, with her favorite drink in her favorite café. She took out a book she had just bought and that she had come to love it.

"My name is red..." she whispered, tracing the book's cover with her fingers as the pleasant smell of old pages filled her nostrils. It was a
murder mystery taking place in the Ottoman Empire of the 15th century, and she loved mysteries.

After reading a few chapters, she raised her head, annoyed at the loud noise coming from a few tables nearby. Apparently, a few young boys were having the time of their life. When she turned her head to look at them, she recognized two familiar faces.

Yeonjun and Soobin?

Soobin just happened to look up at that moment, and they met eyes. The boy smiled, showing his dimples, but noticing the done look on her face, he realized he and his group of friends were being a bit too noisy.

In a few minutes, the café fell in silence, Soobin, Yeonjun and their other friends were keeping silence. All the customers were rather thankful.

Just as Yoona was about to go back to reading her book, the sound of the chair opposite to hers being pulled took her attention. Looking up, she was met with a boxy smile.

"Hey Yoona"

"I don't remember allowing you to sit Taehyung" Yoona grumbled, knowing she wouldn't turn back to her book anytime soon.

"First of all, I wanted to wish you a fast healing for you arm, it looks painful. And you don't look to happy to see me? Got any problem?" Taehyung said, raising his brow at her.

"Well, you are being rather annoying today. Got any problem?" she retorted. That moment Yoona felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.

Yeonjun
If that guy is bothering you, make
the peace sign to me and we'll
come at your rescue, okay?

Me
Don't worry, I know this guy and
he doesn't mean any harm
Thanks anyway

"Well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed I see" he mumbled lowly, not expecting Yoona to hear it. She just groaned.

"You're right, I woke up on the wrong side of bed and I'm taking it out on you. Sorry" she sighed, rubbing her face with her palm.

"Not a problem, don't worry. How can I help make your day better?"

"It would help a lot if you left me alone to read, thank you" Yoona said, mustering the biggest and fakest smile on her face and making him realize he truly wasn't welcomed in her table.

"And here I hoped I'd get advice for my abs" he sighed, slowly getting up. Yoona gave him a weird look.

"Were you planning on asking me for work out tips?"

"Yep. You did like my abs, so I thought you could tell me something" Taehyung shrugged.

"I've seen much better than yours. If you want tips, ask my older brother, he is a muscle pig so he must have quite a few tips for you" Yoona grumbled, taking an angry sip from her americano.

"When you say you've seen much better?" Taehyung asked, brow raised.

"I've watched WWE ever since I was five. Men there are only in boxers" she said, giving him a dead serious look telling him to shut up and leave before she threw the americano on his face.

Taehyung read the room and left without another word.

I'll have to apologize later, the poor guy didn't do anything to deserve me lashing out at him for no reason...

But what can I do?

When I'm in a bad mood, I'm moody to everyone, it's not my fault...

Yoona huffed, going back to her book.

Not long before she felt a tap on her shoulder.

Looking up, she saw the three guys Soobin and Yeonjun were sitting with earlier. The said two were at the table.

"Hello noona, we just came to say hi, Soobin and Yeonjun hyung mention you a lot and we have wanted to meet you since a long time. I'm Hueningkai" one of them said, flashing her a bright smile which didn't manage to get her out of her bad mood.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Taehyun" another guy said, a small smile on his handsome face.

"Beomgyu at your service" the last one smirked, grabbing Yoona's hand and kissing the back of it, acting like a gentleman. Everyone cringed, including Yoona and himself.

"Okay, you met her. Now get here and don't bother her anymore, she's clearly not in the mood" Yeonjun yelled, and the youngsters left her alone after bidding goodbye.

Yoona sighed, closing the book and putting it inside her bag and finishing her americano, already feeling guilty enough for being moody to everyone.

Thinking back to the reason why her mood was down, she grumbled.

Her older brother was stealing her best friend and her best friend was stealing her older brother, leaving her aside and without attention. At least, that's how Yoona herself felt.

Ever since they had gotten in a relationship, it wasn't Yoona the one who texted with Yeji the whole morning, but it was Jungkook. Whenever they went to uni together, it wasn't Yeji and Yoona chatting while Jungkook staying behind with his earphones, it was Yoona the one staying behind. So that day, she had rushed to leave uni before meeting any of them, leaving the lovebirds alone.

"They can do whatever they want for all I care" she huffed, planning on giving them both the silent treatment until they gave her the attention she needed.

Author's note

I know, I know, this chapter is crap... I'm really sorry but I'm writing this while I'm almost falling asleep and I have no idea what I'm writing at all.

TXT appearance in this chapter celebrating their new album which was released today! Please check it out, I think it's their best album yet💙

Bye bye👋 💜