Chapter 39

"Then what is it you want to talk about?" Yeji asked after getting herself together. She was truly afraid from Jungkook, and being alone with him in an empty lecture hall was one of the worst situations she could be in. But he needn't know that at all.

"You had told Yoona we're over. Is it true or did she tell me what she wanted to?" Jungkook queried, arms crossed as he leaned into Yeji, disrespecting the girl's personal space and getting much closer than she'd want him to.

"Yes I did. Got any objections?" she raised her eyebrow at him, a small smirk on her lips.

"Well, I object the fact you were the one to dump me. It should have been the other way round after what you did" Jungkook spat, venom laced in his voice.

"I'm not gonna bother to explain to your dumb brain the fact I didn't cheat on you. Feel free to believe whatever you want, I couldn't care less. What YOU did to me is unforgivable. I may have had a crush on you for years, but it all went away when you slapped me. Let's not run into each other from now on" she spat back, turning her back on him and opening the door of the lecture hall to get out.

"You know what, I feel bad for you. You know, you were quite obvious with your feelings for me, I always found your reactions whenever I was around funny. You were so naive, that I actually pity you. Did the thought that your feelings were actually one sided throughout the whole time ever cross your mind?" he said, snorting evilly.

"If they were one sided, you wouldn't have gone berserk the moment you saw me with another guy" she said back, thankful that she had her back on him or else he would have seen her eyes glisten with tears. Than she got out and closed the door behind her, rushing to the restroom to wash her face and calm down.

*at Yoongi's office

"Mind telling me what did you want to ask me so desperately?" Yoona said, keeping a good distance from Yoongi in case he tried anything on her again.

"There are a lot of things I need to ask you" he said, looking down.

"Then you'll talk to Mr. Lee for me being absent in his class right now" Yoona encountered, and Yoongi grabbed his phone to text the said professor about Yoona's absence.

"Done. Can I continue now?"

"Go on. I don't intend on staying here for long so get it over with fast" Yoona grumbled, her look at Yoongi being hostile.

"First, why did we drift apart? I don't understand" he asked, sadness evident in his eyes.

"And here I thought you were smart. You're my professor and I'm your student. My friends already started asking me what was going on between us. Do you think it would be appropriate to say that you see me as your dead younger sister? Do you think they'd believe me? Do you think we'd be able to put out the rumors once they start going around the campus? Your career as a professor and my scholarship would be ruined. I wanted to tell you that, but you come and forcefully hug me despite the fact I showed you clearly I was trying to maintain my distance. Then the cherry on top was my brother coming here and finding you hugging me. Are you satisfied with the answer?" Yoona grumbled, rolling her eyes.

"Yes I am. I wish I got to know about this earlier, though" Yoongi said, rubbing his arms with his own hands as a comforting gesture.

"Well, I'd come and tell you if it weren't for you looking at me like a creep even during class. My friends were ready to beat you up, thinking that you had some kind of inappropriate feelings about me. Damn, you creeped me out too. How was I supposed to come at you and tell you what was going on?" Yoona frustatedly reasoned,her aggressive hand gestures in the air telling Yoongi she was telling the truth.

"I apologize, it won't happen anymore. I have one last thing" Yoongi said, going to the drawer of his desk and grabbing the photo Yoona saw a few days ago.

"What is it?" Yoona asked, already tired of talking with him.

"You saw this picture that day you were in my office, didn't you?"

Yoona froze in her place, unable to move, talk or breathe at all.

I got caught red handed, what do I do?!

He won't do anything, right?

Hopefully he doesn't do anything to me...

"What do you think about it?" he asked her once he realized she wasn't going to answer his previous question.

"What do I think...? You were a cute child, that's what I think" she shrugged.

"Come on, Yoona. We both know you thought other things too" Yoongi sighed, exasperated.

"Like what, Yoongi? Please enlighten me" Yoona grumbled, rolling her eyes for the nth time she was afraid that if she rolled them one more time, they'd roll at the back of her skull to not come back anymore.

"Like how the baby girl in the photo looks so much like you" Yoongi said seriously, looking at her straight in the eye.

"Don't make me laugh Yoongi. Your sister is dead, even if I do look a bit like her, it's just mere coincidence" Yoona laughed in disbelief.

"Why do you seem so adamant at the thought my sister is dead? I never told you the full story as to how I lost her" Yoongi said, head tilted to the side as a wicked smile formed in his lips. Yoona shivered, creeped out by him but at the same time curious about the story she never got to hear.

"What are you implying? That I'm your lost sister? That's fucking absurd" she laughed once again, and Yoongi couldn't help but notice once again how much her gummy smile looked like his.

His smirk widened, creeping Yoona out more than she already was.

"Listen to my story first, dear Yoona, and then tell me what you think"