Chapter 27

"Arghhhh" Jungkook groaned, letting himself fall on the couch loudly, while Yoona could hear it from the other end of the apartment.

"What got you so tired, Kookie?" she asked, frowning.

"Don't even ask, Mr. Lee wanted to recommend me a few places where I could start working after graduating, and I auditioned there too, that's why I'm tired. Also he said Jimin's told him I've misbehaved and used foul language towards him at uni. To sum it up, I got an earful" Jungkook sighed, taking the water cup which Yoona extended to him after he finished summing up his day.

It wouldn't be a good idea to tell him Jimin might have feelings for Yeji...

He'd for sure cause trouble...

"I've cooked for you as well, come and eat. I bet you'll feel better after getting your tummy full" Yoona grinned, while Jungkook nodded in agreement.

*time skip

After Jungkook had finished eating, he immediately went to take a nap, too tired to do anything, leaving a bored Yoona all alone in the house. The electricity also went off and she had no Wi-Fi, and she didn't want to go outside as it abruptly started raining. She also couldn't go at Taehyung's, he had texted her saying that he wouldn't be home at all that day.

What do I do?

What do I do?

WHAT DO I DO??????

I'LL DIE FROM BOREDOM!!!!

Yoona internally screamed, pacing around the apartment in a slow pace so she could find something to entertain herself in that boring weather. She could just sit by the window and listen to the sound of rain, but she knew it would eventually make her fall asleep and she didn't want that.

Well, that was until she went to their storage room, where they kept all their old stuff, even things which belonged to them when they were kids and still had their parents. She opened the door of the room and went inside, the dust immediately making her sneeze.

"When was the last time we cleaned this room up?" Yoona sighed, disappointed at her lazy brother and self for not bothering to clean that room where they kept the things which they valued the most.

One thing which got her attention,  was a photo album, which belonged to her. Photos of her whole life, in chronological order were put in there to show how little Yoona had grown up to become the pretty girl she is today.

She skipped through the numerous pages filled with photos, a nostalgic smile on her face as her mind was flooded with memories of each of them.

I did have a pretty childhood, despite the fact Kookie was the only one who gave me love throughout it all...

Suddenly upon seeing a specific picture, the smile on Yoona's face froze, its memory not being a pleasant one for her. It was a photo of Yoona, Jungkook and their parents smiling brightly at the camera, for his sixth birthday. They had gone to the amusement park and that was the last day Yoona remembered theirs parents smiling at her, before they suddenly stopped loving her at all.

Or that was what little Yoona understood then.

FLASHBACK TO 15 YEARS AGO:

The bunny smile on Jungkook's face was the brightest Yoona had ever seen her whole life, and it was more than enough to fill the whole city with warmth.

For his sixth birthday, their parents had taken Jungkook and Yoona at the amusement park, of course only taking them to the rides designated for kids. Jungkook was the happiest, grabbing Yoona's hand tightly so he wouldn't lose her in the crowd and running around like an energized bunny, going here and there without even waiting for their parents who gave up on catching him long ago.

After the two kids got tired from running around, they found their parents, who suggested they took a photo in memory of that beautiful day. They asked a passerby to take a photo of them and they smiled brightly at the camera, the passerby telling them to yell 'cheese'.

After they took the photo, on their way out of the amusement park they ran into a man selling cotton candies, and Jungkook squealed in delight.

Giving their parents his puppy eyes, the latters had no choice but to buy the birthday puppy a cotton candy.

Just as they were about to leave, the mother felt a light tug on her dress. Looking down, little Yoona was looking up at her with big doe eyes.

"What is it, Yoona?" she asked the small girl, while the latter fiddled with her fingers nervously.

"Can you get me a cotton candy too?"

Yoona watched in horror her mother's facial expression switch from a lovely and happy one to a scowl.

Ever since little Yoona could remember, Jungkook was always the favored child, always getting treated to tasty things and Yoona never complained for anything, as her brother was always more than willing to share with her everything.

But that day, Yoona felt like maybe, just maybe, if she asked, she'd get treated to something nice too. She didn't mind getting a bit from Jungkook's candy as she knew he was ready to share it with her, but at least for once she wanted to have her own treat and not stick to Jungkook to ask. Since it was Jungkook's  birthday, probably their parents were in a better mood than always and maybe, just maybe, they would treat her.

But that certainly wasn't the case.

"It's not your birthday, it's Jungkook's"

"But you didn't get me one even when it was my birthday" Yoona said, curious eyes looking straight into her mother's boiling with fury eyes, not knowing what she had just done.

"You ungrateful brat" her mother grumbled, grabbing Yoona's smaller wrist tightly and twisting it a little, making the little girl groan in pain lowly, not enough to reach Jungkook's ears who kept walking ahead without knowing what was going on behind him.

"Now go back to your brother and don't you dare tell him anything"

END OF FLASHBACK

Even though her parents never treated her or anything, after that day the neglecting had become so obvious, to the point Jungkook also noticed it. He got into numerous fights with his parents just for her, and even though she felt guilty to cause such fights within the family, she was happy at least someone loved her truly.

Yoona skipped to another page, not wanting to stay in that bitter memory for any longer. After looking through a few more photos, she came to the a photo of her where she looked around two years old. And there were no photos of her when she was younger than that.

"I've always been curious about why I don't have my baby photos, but whenever I'd ask mom or dad about it, they'd just shrug me off without giving me an answer. I'll just wait for Jungkook to wake up and then ask him" Yoona thought aloud, getting out of the storage room together with the photo album in her hand.

Right that moment, the electricity came back on, and her phone was instantly connected to Wi-Fi, a dozen of texts flooding her screen immediately.

But there was one text which caught her attention.

Joonie ᕦ😁ᕤ
Hi Yoona
How are you?
Please call me immediately after
you see this text
There's something important we
need to discuss

"What can it be?" Yoona wondered aloud, dialling Namjoon's number.

Author's note

From now on... creepy shit starts 😊

I love reading mystery, but I don't really know how good I am at writing it. Throughout the whole story I've dropped little hints, but now the rollercoaster ride is starting!

Buckle yourselves up, and feel free to leave your theories here in the comments' section, I'd love to read it.

That's it from me, bye bye👋💜