~{ FOURTY THREE }~

Heyyoo!!  I am soo sorry I didn't update this last weekend,  but I had some good reasons. Anyway, better late than never! Now, please, scroll down and dive into the story! 

PS: you'll get the meaning of that random image very soon.  

_____________

Suggested songs: Evergreen by RMCM and/or golden hour by JVKE

~{ narrator's pov }~

"Do you know how to get there?" Rose questioned, excited as they both walked quickly.

Jack's face was frowned as he ratiocinated silently. His attention dropped again to the address on the paper in his hand.

He snickered, "Of course I do."

It was an early, majestic morning in Devon. The orangish rays flooded the sky, as the sun raised from behind the buildings, reflecting on the flurry clouds, giving them different hues of red and pink. Morning birdies chirped from the branches of some trees nearby. The air, humid, salty and warm imbued in their lungs as they traipsed through the paving stone streets. The young couple had spent the previous night sleeping - or trying to - on the train. Now, their main concern was to find their new, tiny house near the shore.

Jack narrowed his eyes as he scanned the next street. "Here, it's that next one!"

They would've run in excitement, but Rose carried Josephine in her arms and he had a heavy backpack on his back.

"Oh my! It's so near the shore!" Rose gasped, looking at the house they would spend almost half of their life living in. She had never felt that before, the joy of buying a house with him, where she could be whoever she wanted and do whatever she wished, without people to scold or forbid her. 

She had now, a person and a place she could call home.

Smiling, Jack slid the key on the door's lock and opened it, taking in every moment in their minds. They stepped in together, and their eyes and hearts brimmed in happiness.

The floor was made of oak wood, and they had a sight from the kitchen and living room as they stepped in. The walls were painted in shades of light ivory, which imbed the orangish gleams of sunlight, pouring through the window's glass. The furniture, mostly made in dark oak wood and subtly ornated, was well preserved and they couldn't wait to live in that place.

"This is..." She attempted to whisper, raising her hand to her mouth, in disbelief as she marvelled at the sight. "Jack." He leaned forwards, slipping a hand behind her back and tenderly joined their lips, their tears blending along. He smiled when they pulled back.