Chapter 55

"Uraraka Ochako goes to club with friends without telling her parents. Then she goes to Midoriya Izuku's house with his roommate Bakugou Katsuki, who leaves for a family emergency, leaving the two alone. Midoriya states that she talks about being a burden to her parents and wants to run away." 

"Months prior, there are messages between her and her best friend Miko Airi about the same thing. These messages lead to a number saved in Uraraka Ochakos phone about illegal work. After she leaves Midoriya Izuku's home, hours later he gets a call from her parents." 

"Her parents say that the boy was confused and shaky, clearly the sound of someone worried for a friend's safety. After hearing about her hiding away money for them, they find a huge amount of cash in her room. They call the police for weeks." 

Todoroki stops there, looking at his dad. 

"We should find out more about this mystery employer." 

His father makes a noise of acknowledgment. Todoroki sighs and drops the notebook on the desk with a thud. 

"Whats up with you. Pay attention. A girl is missing." 

His father finally looks back at him, fury in his eyes. 

"Midoriya Izuku is Hisashi Midoriya's kid. He must know Toshinori Yagi." 

Todoroki needs to use all of his willpower to roll his eyes. 

Years before he was born, his father was just starting in police academy. He would have gone far, somewhere way better than this small trash town. If only Toshinori Yagi hadn't been there.

 He was a rival of some sorts. The problem was that he was better than his father. Well liked too. So well-known that a company scouted him to become the bodyguard of the famous Hisashi Midoriya. After that, he took on an acting job to play some character in a superhero show. 

He was always compared with the man, and it made his father angry. So angry in fact that he raised all of Todoroki's siblings to become police officers when they grew up, putting them through training and hardships to 'teach' them. 

Still, it wasn't enough, and now his old man sits in his own jealousy. 

"What does that matter. That was a long time ago." 

"It hasn't been a long time at all!" 

Todoroki gives him an unimpressed look as the man yells. 

This is the reason he wants to be better, a better person, a better police officer. 

Or else he's afraid he'll just turn into his father. 

- -- - -- - - - -

Finally, they get to the zoo. The parking lot is filled, and it takes forever to find a space to park. What he isn't prepared for is how fucking hot it is. Katsuki is glad he wore shorts and a tank top today or else he would have been dying. Izuku plops a sunhat on Katsuki's head. 

The hats rim goes out, making a wide circle shadow when he looks down. Izuku smiles at him and sprays him with sunscreen.