Chapter 39

Meredith

Noah's been crying for the past hour. I think he's sick.

I gave him some medicine and got him to sleep.

I leave his nursery and close the door behind me.

"Hey," I see Derek standing in the kitchen.

"Hi," I say.

"Is Noah asleep?" He asks.

"Yes, I just got him down. I think he's sick," I say.

"How bad is it?" He asks.

"I don't know. Will you be in here if he wakes up, im going to go shower,"

"Yeah I'll be here," he says.

I go into our bedroom and get undressed before getting into the shower.

Once I finish my shower I get out and wrap a towel around myself.

I hear a noise in the bedroom. I take the towel off and put on my robe.

I open the bathroom door and I see all the lights are off.

"Wha the heck," I say.

I find the light switch and flip the switch.

When I turn the light on I see the bed now has red bedsheets and there's rose pedals all over the floor and some on the bed. There's a large white stuffed bear at the end and Derek's standing next to it.

"What is all this?" I ask, a smile playing on my lips.

"It's Valentine's Day, did you think I'd forget?" He smiles walking over to me.

"I didn't even notice. I didn't get you anything, you didn't have to do this," I say as he wraps his arms around my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck.

"You're marrying me and you gave a son, that's all I need," he says. He leans down and kisses my lips.

"Is Noah still asleep?" I ask.

"I don't know," he kisses me. "He's with your sister," he kisses me again.

"What?" I ask pulling away.

"He's with Lexie, I would have given him to my mom but I knew you wouldn't like that so he's with Lexie," he says.

"When did Lexie come into the city?" I ask.

"A few days ago, she wanted it to be a surprise.. so act surprised when she comes here tomorrow,"

"Noahs a sick baby Derek, I don't know if Lexie can handle that," I say.

"Meredith... we're alone with no baby on Valentine's Day, Noah will be fine," he kisses me.

"But-"

"Meredith, just relax," he tells.

He kisses me and lays me down on the bed before removing my robe...

******
He falls next to me as we breathe heavily out of breath.

"That was-" I start.

"Amazing," he finishes.

"Yeah.." I pant. We just had six rounds of sex.

"I can't get pregnant, can I?" I ask.

"No, I doubt it," he says.

"But I am ovulating today..." I say remembering.

"You probably won't get pregnant, don't worry about it," he says wrapping his arms around my waist. He pulls me into his chest.

"Okay," I say laying my head on his chest.

****
I woke up a few hours ago. I'm now sitting in bed in my pajamas eating the chocolate Derek got me while he's in the shower.

A few minutes later he comes out of the bathroom in nothing but a white towel around his waist.

"You know I got you more than just chocolate, right?" He says.

"I don't know, I'm fine with just chocolate," I smile.

"I know you are," he says walking over to me.

"Did you even open the box?" He asks sitting next to me in bed.

"What box?" I ask.

"The box at the end of the bed," he kisses my cheek.

"There's a box at the end of the bed?" I ask.

"Yes silly," he says eating the rest of the chocolate in my hand. I feed it to him. He licks the rest of syrup from my fingers.

He stands up and grabs a large red box from the end of the bed.

"I didn't even see that," I say.

"You don't see much when you're too busy moaning while your fiancées going down on you," he says placing it in front of me.

"You insisted on it," I roll my eyes.

"I wasn't complaining," he sits next to me again.

I close the box of chocolates and take off the large red bow from the top of the box. I remove the lid and see there are multiple smaller red boxes inside.

I take on of the boxes out. It's a small squared red box.

I carefully remove the lid and see two small diamond earrings inside.

"Derek... they're beautiful," I say quietly, shocked.

"And they're real," he says pulling me into him.

"How did you-"

"I lied.. about having no money, I was just saving up so I could buy you these," he says.

"Derek.. you didn't have to," I tear up.

"I wanted to. You're always getting me things and I thought I'd be time to return the favor," I kisses me again.

"There's more than just that, Mer open the rest," he chuckles.

I close the box and set it aside. I grab another squared box but this one is a bit bigger.

I open it. There's a white diamond necklace inside that matched the earrings. I start to tear up again.

"You can't cry every time you open a box," he whispers in my ear.

"Yes I can," I say. I put the box down and wrap my arms around him.

"Thank you," I say into his shoulder.

"You're welcome... happy Valentine's Day," he says.

"Happy Valentine's Day," I say.

I open the rest and he me ring and another stuffed animal and many more things that I loved.

Earrings and necklace:

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••Words: 946Suggestions???

Words: 946
Suggestions???