Ch. 20 Mate Markings

Her maniacal, yet alluring laughter deterred anyone from getting closer to her, except for a side eye Vick who had to stay by her side. Fed up with listening to her laughter so close to his ears, Vick, who was about to tell her to shut it, halted when he noticed tears falling from her cheeks. Perplexed, he looked around to see if anyone knew why she was hurt.

The green-haired female notices the black bear beast's stare, smiling triumphantly, she signals to her feet.

They seemed fine, thinks Vick as he wonders again how this particular female survived so far.

"Tsk, tsk, what did I expect?" broadly smiles the female as she admonishes the beast's ignorance who uncannaly gave her slanted eyes. Signaling back to the grand lake, the female laughs again, "they're dead!" Then back to Vick, she reinstates, "those disgusting marks are gone from my feet.. Now just a few more to go and I'm free."

Nodding his head in understandment of why she would be happy, he growled out his question.

"Oh, why didn't I take the potion?" cutely tilts the female her head as she places an elongated claw on her lips. "Well, Ietting them become feral is too merciful don't you think?" Not waiting for a response, she seductively brushes her silky green hair back with both hands,"they deserve death.. And what better way than what I see now." She says as she goes back to enjoying the massacre.

This female is dangerous, analises Vick as he attempts to control his rising hackles. Not wanting to show to this particular female his insecurity about being so near to her, he rises himself to his back two feet and begins to look and sniff around for any enemies. However, his body stiffened for a split second when she suddenly giggled, "oh Vick, they deserve death, but not to worry, if my future mates treat me right, I won't end them." She, who was about to lift her hands up to begin dancing once more, froze when the outer defense males growled a warning.

Vick, shaking off his goosebumps, immediately started pushing her closer to where other panicked females stayed whispering between themselves. The pieces of conversation heard before he went back to listening for enemies was mostly the worry of if they'll be punished later for going with them.

Suddenly, another yelled in his two legged form one of the most dreaded words for any tribe. "Ferals!"

- - - Elsewhere - - -

"Oh," says a black hair female as she stops playing in the water with her grown cub and blood kin.

The female with the round ears notices her pale face and instead of voicing her concern, takes the little one further out to where an older female cub can be seen playing with her mother.

Lucy internally nodding gratefully, turns back toward the shore and sits down on top of one of the warm flat rocks. Touching the upper right side of her body, laying lovingly on her breast, she closes her eyes as she attempts to feel for her head male's connection.

Emotions of disgust, anger, confusion, and the loudest of all anxiety pours through her heart. Suddenly, Lucy could feel warmth from Dash becoming aware of her reaching out to him. Afraid, yet stirring away from those thoughts was hard, but Lucy slowly tried to feed her mate further warmth, nostalgia, and amusement. Honestly, she wasn't amused at the unknown situation, but she knew from their past experiences that this would show that she has confidence that he'd be back. Of course those memories ended up with some lovely rolls outside.

In return she received emotions of desire.Then the connection was cut. "So, it has begun," murmurs Lucy as she goes back to looking at her kin playing with other tribe females while other females like her can be seen standing or sitting separate from others either anxiously smiling or silently crying while touching certain marks on their bodies.

For those that were crying with silent shudders, their heads kept looking down at the place where their hands were fervently touching. An area where a beast figure could no longer be seen.

Standing back up and putting on her still wet cloths, Lucy nods toward two other females and they began with caring for the crying females by helping them out of the private river so that their worried mates can pick them up.

– - - Back to Grotesque - - - (slight Warning)

Haughty hysterical laughter sounded off at the upper end of the magnificent den. In the middle of this rather huge room a headless body lay along with the bodies of a few males and a female.

"Cataras, was your betrayal worth it?" As he speaks, this male holds in his hand an elders head with vacant eyes and a once profound bleeding mouth.

Swinging the head by the brownish gray hair, he speaks again, "I had let you live, now those traitors you tried so hard to save will be punished!"

Harsh deafening sounds of beasts throwing down his tribe warriors against the walls could be heard at the entrance.

Laughing haughtily he goes back to facing the entrance. As soon as the first few members of enemy tribes arrived, he threw the head at them. "This is only one of the punishments given today," he says calmly as he looks down on them on his throne.

A golden bear beast roars at him.

Standing up, he begins to take off his own fancy robes of cloth. As he does so, the ape beastman smiles triumphantly, "did you think we weren't aware?" Signaling to the mermaids, apes, and coyotes behind him, he adds in scorn, "did you think these were our only allies?"

"Foolish!" He screams.

The bloodied bear beasts morphs into his two legged form and laughs bitterly at him. "Your reign ends Nimrod,and no one else will be following your legacy. No tribes share your vision."

Smirking, Nimrod walks toward them while cracking his knuckles, "you forget, in moments like this there are others who don't care for principals. They will enjoy feeding and playing on the flesh of the rest of the traitors found outside these walls."

Confused for a moment, Dash rapidly thinks about any nearby tribes who might enjoy such things, but then he realizes that those aren't mentioned in any tribe. For those have either been kicked out or have been born feral.

Observing how the realization hit the bear beastman, Nimrod laughs loudly as he morphs into his own three mark beast and roars his own battle cry.

As Dash morphs back into his beast, he suddenly feels the touch of his female. Lucy, he thinks. Aware of what she may be feeling also, he becomes distraught. Distracted, the Ape Clan Leader landed a good punch to the side of his head. Though still standing, he felt dizzy and disorientated. The ape beast took this chance to attack him again, but a leopard and a wolf beast distracted him away. Becoming anxious of his own survival and of Casper's, Dash this time sensed a large amount of warmth and hints of nostalgia filling his thumping heart.

Shaking his head hard with spit flying away, he roars once more and cuts the connection. Swinging his claw away at a mermaid getting too close to the snow leopard beast, Dash then bull doze shoulder Casper away at the moment that Nimrod was going to slam his heavy fists on him. Feeling the harsh pain of those two fists on his side, Dash roars in agony while having flashes of black spots filling his vision. Taking this small opportunity of the ape beast roaring his triumph, he grabs onto Nimrod's foot. Pulling on him, Dash shakily gets back up while the ape beast quickly attempts to grab onto his head. However, the ape beast is soon stopped by a limping snow leopard beast clawing at his back. Now having a better hold of the foot, Dash begins to pull the beast further away from the ape's comrades. Soon another nearby bear beast that was fighting behind them, turns around after making sure that his nearby enemy was being taken care of and begins to help them to finally kill the Ape Clan Leader. 

Uploaded on 03/03/23 for W aa tt pad only.