• 𝗡𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗔 𝗥𝗶𝗱𝗲? 🩷

•❤️•

Y/N's POV, 1986

There were days where I didn't feel like being social, then days where I wanted to just go out and live life to the full, then there were days where I just didn't give a shit about what I did, whether it was stay in or go out.

Today, I was in that exact mid-ground, or at the very least had been, because that was earlier and this was now the evening and things had changed since then.

My friends had all ditched me, we came out three hours ago for a girls night out and seems like I was left here, drinking at the bar solo. They'd all gone found a man or gone to the restroom then I'd seen them leave with some guy, slowly they all disappeared until just me was left.

This happened every now and again, I wasn't adventurous, I wasn't someone to go out and seek a guy and it didn't seem like any guys were interested in picking me up because every-time I'd ever used a restroom in a bar, I'd never been stopped by a guy and taken home.

It made me feel a bit like the ugly duckling of the group.

I tried not to think that way but some days it got really hard when all my friends got men and I was just left sat feeling like nobody will ever look at me the way they looked at them.

I was thinking about that right now actually, still sat at the bar, sipping on a Jack Daniels and coke getting lost in my own self deprecation.

My friends were good friends, they really were, they never meant to make me feel this way, I'd never even told them that I did feel this way. One night stands were never my thing and they knew that but I never even got approached for the idea of one and that's what made me feel so shit. Every girl got hit up at a bar by someone, right? Then why the hell is it never me.

I should probably go home, sitting here wasn't going to do me any good, and I wasn't going to have a good time drinking myself into insanity, I'd regret it, I'll just finish this and then drag my sorry ass back to my apartment.

I spent the next few minutes finishing off my drink and leaving the empty glass on the bar before sighing, tonight was a failure, as always. Maybe I should just stop coming out all together. Nothing ever changes. The night always ends like this.

Just as I was about to get up and go, there was a voice, not a familiar one, so it was nobody I knew not just be of the voice but because of what they said to me "Hey, beautiful."

My eyebrows furrowed deeply, the voice taking me utterly by surprise and I looked to where the voice had come from and saw a very handsome man sat on the barstool next to me, I hadn't even noticed him until right now. Shows how lost I was in my own head but even though he's there, I couldn't quite believe a man like him was even looking at me, especially given what's happened every other time I've been out here "You-... you talking to me?"

An amused smirk appeared on his face "I don't see any other beautiful women sitting at the bar, do you?"

The more I looked at him, the prettier he became and the more familiar he became too. I knew him from somewhere, I just couldn't place where yet, and I'll blame the alcohol for that.

"You think you're so smooth, don't you?" I shot at him, mischievously, shocked he was giving me the time of day, as I mentioned earlier, men always overlooked me, especially men as attractive as this- this never happened, but it seems I surprised this guy too because it was clear on his face, I hadn't given him the reply he expected.