• 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗞𝗶𝗱 🩷

•❤️•

Y/N's POV, 1972

School was a necessary evil in life, there were of course ways to spice up school, misbehaving being the main thing but getting detention wasn't fun either and I value my free time too much to bother acting up in class.

I didn't hate the school, it was a good school as far as schools go, I had a small group of friends that were the same as me, and I wasn't exactly one of the cool kids, but I wasn't one of the bullied ones either, I kinda fell in the middle which I accepted, being grateful for it as I avoided most of the snobby kids and was almost invisible because nobody spoke to the people like me and my friends.

And today was the start of a new week, another Monday morning, another Monday walking through school gates, through the school corridors and into my form class where I took my seat and placed my chin in my palm, leaning my elbow on the table, waiting for our form tutor to arrive.

Form wasn't too bad, I kept myself to myself, there were a couple of assholes guys in here, they made the odd comment to me and a ginger boy by the name of Jack who I had a couple of classes with, the comments weren't regular or anything only every now and again and other than that were harmless.

While waiting for Miss Andrews, I pull out a notebook from my bag and just start doodling, it passed the time. A couple of minutes later after everyone, minus one or two people were sitting in their seats, Miss Andrews' voice sounds throughout the room making everyone look at her "Excuse me, everyone?" And when I looked at her, I noticed a boy, a rather tall boy actually, I'd never seen before standing next to her.

When she saw all eyes were on her she gestured to the boy and introduced him "This is Frankie Feranna, it's his first day here and he'll be joining our form so please make him feel welcome."

A couple of the kids on the bench at the front of the class started whispering and laughing to themselves, pointing at Frankie not so subtly and although they couldn't see me I gave them a death stare. This boy didn't deserve to become their target on his first day.

My eyes then shift back to Frankie who looked less than comfortable though was trying his best not to look as scared as I think he felt, putting on a tough expression when he caught site of the boys making fun of him.

"I need a volunteer to help him settle in so would anyone want to show Frankie around and help him get to his classes?" Miss Andrews asks and nobody makes any move to put their hand up and I rolled my eyes at their behaviour and raised my hand.

"I'll do it." I smiled happily, at the sound of my voice everyone in the class looked at me including Miss Andrews and Frankie, who smiled a little at me back once he saw me smiling at him like I actually wanted to help him.

"Y/N, thank you, it's much appreciated." Miss Andrews smiles thankfully and the encouraged Frankie to walk over to me which he did, and everyone's eyes followed his every move not leaving him until he'd sat down.

When he had, and everyone was facing the front again, I looked at him and smiled, saying quietly "Hello."

"Hey." He replied, meeting my eyes.

"I'm Y/N, though you probably got that already."

Frankie smiled a little back at me and nods "I did. It's a pretty name and er-... thanks for volunteering to help me out."