• 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗕𝗲 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗬𝗼𝘂 🩵 {^}

This was a request from nikkissixxsslut, thank you so so much for the idea and again, I apologise it took longer than expected to get this out for you.

This one shot is based off the song 'I'll Be There For You' by Bon Jovi, so enjoy it! ❤️

The lyrics when I looked them up were darker than I expected and I know you asked for something 'cute', but I didn't see the lyrics as something 'cute' would really suit very well, and so I took in a much angsty direction, hope you don't mind :)

•🤍•

Nikki's POV, Late 1987

I never thought that I'd get lost in drugs, I always thought I'd be able to control them, be the master however, I learned that that's not as easy as I sounds. They're powerful things and I seriously underestimated the hold they could have on me when I started to like how they made me feel a little too much.

It wasn't ever a position I thought I'd find myself in, but the last year or so it's been a downward spiral and I'd not just affected my own life but the life of the person I love, I'd practically ruined Y/N's life but would never admit it in a million years to myself, I'd wronged her recently and the only way I could live with it was not think about it, easier said than done however I manage it somehow.

I'd only been back from tour for literally a few days then we went back out soon for a few more shows but since getting back, things have been noticeably different than they were before I left.

Y/N came to a few shows but I hadn't seen her in a few weeks and being back here, just being her and me, I saw the changes our relationship had gone through, I think looking at it now after being away from it for a while made it abundantly clear everything was wrong and way more dysfunctional than I'd ever let myself see before.

I really didn't help the situation when I got high as hell yesterday and Y/N had to deal with it, this morning she hardly spoke to me then when I went to talk to her after a phone call from Doc, I found her packing a suitcase and a couple of bags. She was packing to leave.

She's said she'd leave me before get never has... until today it looks like. She got tired of the drugs, of dealing with it and I'd get tired of dealing with me too if I was honest however it was hard not to take it as a little bit of a betrayal because she couldn't accept me this way, she didn't want to deal with me and it was insulting, yet the part of me that thought that was the addict and in reality I don't blame her for making this choice, I really didn't want her to to though.

I loved her, truly loved her and I didn't want to be alone, I've never been good on my own and I know I brought this upon myself by being the worlds lousiest boyfriend but I still didn't want to lose her, why would I ever want to lose the first and only person who's ever loved me?

It broke my heart to think she was leaving me, it was probably my worst nightmare playing out in front of me, my heart was bleeding in my chest or at least it felt like it. Losing her scared me, scared me more than almost anything else ever has or will.

For a while I watched her pack up her things, but eventually couldn't just watch anymore, I had to try and save our relationship if there was even anything to save at this point.

"Can't we talk this out?" I asked quietly, scared of the reply yet having to ask that question.

"Talking never gets us anywhere Nikki. What else can I say than when I first met you I just knew we were meant for each other, true love, soulmates and all that other juvenile bullshit, but now, that true love has turned to slow suicide because you're killing yourself and you killing yourself is making me kill myself too from having to deal with this. Things were great, dare I say perfect then heroin comes into it and just destroys everything, it took you from me and everything's so different now. I can't have this life. You were on tour for months, I hardly saw you, then when I did it was just like things were here, you hardly spent time with  me and when you did you were too strung out to talk or do anything. That's not what I want from you, I came out to see you and you weren't mentally there to see me."