• 𝗖𝘂𝘁𝘀 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗕𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀 🩷

•❤️•

Y/N's POV, 1987

Does everyone have those days where they just don't wanna go out anywhere? Where they just wanna sit and not do anything? Well, that's me today.

But... Nikki wasn't on that same train of thought, which was fine but meant I was home alone as he'd gone out for the evening with Tommy, nine times out of ten I'd never refuse to go out with Nik and the others, but sometimes I also just want to sit and watch some TV.

Nik had been gone a few hours and would probably be back in the next couple, he was going to stay in with me when I told him I'd be staying put but I told him to go and not leave Tommy hanging, I didn't mind spending a little time home alone.

Since I'd been here without Nikki I'd listened to my favourite album and read some of a book and was now watching TV, it wasn't anything overly interesting, but it kept me occupied, eventually it did get a little too boring for me and so I switched to good ol' MTV.

Videos played, a couple of songs I wasn't too keen on, more songs I liked and one Mötley Crüe song, and just seeing Nikki on screen made me smile.

We'd been together four years, he came up to me one night, I'd been at Denny's alone to just have dinner and in the middle of dessert, he came over to me and we got talking. We must have spent a couple of hours just chatting, exchanging numbers when I told him I had to get home, he called me the following morning, we stayed friends for a few weeks then Nikki asked me out for a drink, we'd been together ever since.

I love him, I really did. He could be a pain in the ass, but it doesn't take away from anything, he's a good man, troubled but has a pure heart despite the shit he's been put through.

It was nearing midnight when I heard the front door open and then close, I smiled softly and opened my mouth to greet the bassist however when I looked in his direction my mouth snapped shut. He looked rough, beat up kinda rough and my heart dropped a little.

"Holy shit." I breathe, turning off the TV swiftly "What the hell happened to you?!" I gasp, getting up off the couch and making way over to Nikki quickly.

"Nothing much. Looks worse than it is. Some asshole in a bar had a problem with me, we both got out of it pretty beat. Still like to think I won though if you were wondering."

"Funnily enough, I wasn't thinking who won, I was too busy looking at the state of you. Can't you just walk away from a fight?" I tell him, catching his eyes for a moment before looking at the busted lip, bloody nose and no doubt black eye he'd have tomorrow.

"He wouldn't have let me even if I wanted too."

"I'm sure you could have just left and he wouldn't have chased after you. Why didn't you just do that? Honestly Nik, can you not be trusted anywhere?"

"He was being a dickhead, he knew who I was and said shit about you, I wasn't gonna just walk away."

I rolled my eyes "That's not a valid excuse, Nikki. Why didn't Tommy stop you?"

"The guy said shit about Heather too so he wasn't going to help."

"You guys are fucking impossible. You should know better than this, fighting never gets you anywhere."