• 𝗥𝗼𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝗔𝗿𝗲 𝗥𝗲𝗱 🩷

•❤️•

Y/N's POV, 1989

Music award shows, they were what every artist wants to be invited too, and this years I'm accompanying Nikki to the MTV music awards. He simply refused for me to back out because it would be our first public outing since we got married.

While I was excited, I was also very nervous about tonight because there were a lot of people there, a lot of very famous people, people that I adored as musicians and also people I wasn't so fond of, like Axl Rose.

It was no secret the guys of Mötley Crüe and the frontman of Guns N Roses didn't get on, particularly Vince and Axl, but Nikki wasn't overly fond either ever since they supported some shows the Crüe did in '87 and Axl hit on me, knowing full well I was with Nikki but trying anyway.

He said some vulgar things, he didn't touch me, just said words but Nikki heard some of them and gave him a few punches to the face for good measure and a warning after the beating relented that if he ever spoke to me like that again, Nikki wouldn't stop next time.

Since then, we've managed to keep out of Axl's way, Nikki's hung out with other members of the band, primarily Slash back when they used to do drugs together, Nikki and also Tommy also sometimes hang out, or hung out for Nikki, with Steven Adler, we get on with all of GNR, just not Axl.

Just because we've stayed out of Axl's way though doesn't mean there isn't still bad blood and seeing him again tonight was always going to be awkward and difficult, eventhough the Crüe guys were sober, Guns and specifically Axl wasn't and Vince is always wanting to start something with Axl and Axl also always wants to start something with Vince, nothing physical had ever transpired yet but with those two that didn't mean it never would happen.

For the most part we managed to stay out of Axl's way, the guys just presented the award they were there to present to Guns N Roses and nothing else really happened. Vince bitched about GNR winning the award they did and grumbles about Axl to me the rest of the show whenever we'd see or hear any mention of him or the band.

Then air was the afterparty, which we were told we couldn't leave for at least two hours by Doug as it did good for the bands PR now the band was sober and also proved a point to them that the guys could be around non sober people and be okay, as they hadn't done that much public appearances or interactions with anyone in their band friend circle due to their sobriety.

At this afterparty, Tommy had quickly gone off to talk with some people with Heather, Mick had moved to the other side of the room with Emi and me and Nikki were sat with Vince as he was a lone wolf here tonight and I didn't want to leave him on his own, that'd be mean.

We'd been discussing the show and the award winners and who we think should have won vs who actually did if we didn't agree on it, it was fun and debating things out. Eventually conversation came to a stand still and a comfortable silence spread over us, that was until Vince caught sight of Axl talking with a few other guys in his eyeline.

When the blonde takes note of the fact I was following his eye-line, he glanced at me then nodded towards the redhead "You see that bullshit? Can he stop fucking posing for one fucking minute? I mean look at him, standing there like he's the greatest person in the room." Vince grumbles staring Axl down.

I rolled my eyes "I know you hate him and that he's a total asshole but please, Vince don't start a cat fight."

"I want too but I'm decent enough to not let him have his ass kicked in-front of some of most notable and respected names in music."