• 𝗥𝘂𝗻𝗮𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 🩷

•❤️•

Y/N's POV, 1978

I'd never been somebody to break rules, never been somebody to disobey my parents, I've never liked disappointing anyone or getting into troubled and while that's all still true to me, it's put into practice a little less, at least in the eyes of my parents.

They'd always prided me on being that straight A student who never got detention, who was pretty much a golden girl through and through, at least that was until I met Frankie, or Nikki as he's now calling himself.

Meeting Nikki had been almost hard because I met him in school, though he was more part of the trouble makers than the bookworms. We were total opposites and I had a couple of classes with him, I stayed away from him for a while but one day I was walking home and saw him just sat on the curb, looking kinda sad and I couldn't just walk past him so sat next to him.

He was confused at first and kinda shy which was surprising given the way he portrayed himself in school sometimes, he wasn't popular per say, he actually didn't have many friends at all, he even got picked on a little but he consistently brought himself detentions and garnered some sort of reputation around school, he got into trouble so often for talking back and not doing homework or assignments that it was almost like he wanted to be in detention, and as I'd find out, that's pretty much the case.

For Nikki, anything was better than going home and when I leant the true extent of the things he went though I started hanging out with him more and more just to make sure he knew that he had a friend.

Within a few months we were close, within a year inseparable and by here and now, totally and utterly in love with each other.

When Nikki came to me a few months ago saying he was going to run away to LA to start a new life and wanted me to go with him I didn't know what to say, I was scared to say yes, and scared to say no.

I was scared to say yes because I knew my parents would hate me, I had a bright future, they'd applied for me to do my further education at the top schools in the country and to drop out like that to runaway to LA with someone my parents already disliked for being a 'bad influence' who lives in a 'fantasy world' with his ambition to be a musician, they'd never forgive me.

But on the other hand, at least I could be with Nikki if I went with him, we could be together and I wouldn't have to move away from him to go to school and he wouldn't be in a new place all on his own, he needed someone to watch his back and he only really had me.

Nikki expected me to say no, but he wanted to ask me regardless just incase I said yes, because he knew how big of a choice it was, and how big of a risk it was too. He didn't have that much money and he was going to a city he'd never been too before with a career goal that could make him crash and burn, while I had a bright future with a good career and he didn't expect me to give that up for him.

Though, he clearly underestimated my commitment to him and my belief in his ability, it was a huge risk yes, but he could crash and burn but I wouldn't care as long as I was with him and knew he was safe.

I knew that if I didn't go with him I'd regret it and constantly worry about him and chances are we'd eventually lose touch with each other and I really really didn't want that to happen, I never wanted to lose Nikki.

That's why I ultimately decided to stick college and education and runaway with Nikki, my parents as expected hated it, they forbid me to go. But I was old enough to make my own choices, I was an adult so didn't listen to anything they told me, I did what I wanted to do and followed Nikki to LA, taking whatever money I had with me to put it with Nik's funds and that means we could last a few weeks if not a couple of months longer depending on the prices.