• 𝗜𝗻 𝗥𝗮𝗴𝘀 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗥𝘂𝗶𝗻 🩷

•❤️•

Y/N's POV, May 1986

Today it was Tommy's wedding, an occasion that's taken a lot of preparation and should be a perfect day and it has been for the most part... except for Nikki.

Tommy had trusted him to be his best man, they were best friends, hell, they were all but biological brothers yet Nikki still couldn't rise above his problems to treat this day as an important one.

Nikki's fallen into a deep dark pit of drug addiction, heroin being his main drug of choice however I think he mixed and matches drugs as and when he saw fit. It was dangerous, and he wouldn't survive if he carried on that way but trying to tell him that was practically impossible, everyone had tried whether that be gently or aggressively, either way Nikki argues back so it was kinda pointless.

I'd always worried about Nikki ever since I first met him, I'd been and still was a friend of Lizzie Grey, one of Nikki's old bandmates from London, ever since Nikki first met Lizzie and they became friends I was friends with him too.

We'd grown closer and closer as years have gone by and I was kinda in love with him by this point however had never said anything more out of the fact Nikki wasn't in a state to hold a relationship at the minute, I'd been going to confess to him last year but his drug issue got worse and I just felt I would be setting myself up for heartbreak if I'd got with him then.

I was fairly confident he felt the same way for me as I did about him, but wanted to wait until the right moment to tell him. At least that had been my ideology until today.

Nikki looked so miserable today, and he came to this wedding totally shitfaced on drugs and Tommy had been pissed.

It was understandable and valid given Tom had entrusted Nikki to be his best man and he'd betrayed that trust, the drummer would forgive and forget eventually but I knew this would be looked back on by T and remembered as the day Nikki was trashed on drugs, Nikki was certainly wrong to do what he's done today but there has to be a reason.

Despite Nikki being out of it, I don't think many people noticed the fact Nikki wasn't able to function properly but that wasn't what Tommy was bothered about, it was true betrayal and the potential Nikki had in his high state to mess the day up for Tommy by embarrassing himself or just being a burden.

Luckily, that didn't happen, and now it was the reception. Tommy had been side eyeing Nikki throughout the entire thing to make sure Nikki was still conscious or checking to see that he wasn't about to do something embarrassing, he was being paranoid and I kinda wanted to tell Tommy to pack it in but at the same time I'd probably be doing the same thing if I was in his position because we were on the table in front of all the other guests so any mishap would get everyone's attention.

I was sat one Vince Neil away from Nikki, and every time I looked over Vince to look at Nikki and Tommy Vince would follow my eyes until eventually he just called me out in it, murmuring into my ear "I don't think Tommy's gonna kill him. Not in front of everyone anyways."

"That doesn't help, Vinnie."

"It does actually and if you keeping looking over at them, people are gonna start catching on. Chill out a little."

"It's like Tommy's waiting for him to do something though, and I get it's frustrating but Nikki did this for a reason, he's gotta think about that."